door seals

allchevy

Yea I was happy with the kit the only issue I had was the hood not sitting right as my kit came with the hard rubber cowl seal. The only seal you need to buy extra is the hood to cowl and in your case you would need the one for the Chevelle for your custom hood;)

I've used the Softseal and the Metro stuff as well...both are about the same...never had any problems but I liked the Metro "above the door glass/ upper channel) weather strip better. The angle was better and fit better where it angles down for the front pillars. The Softseal doesn't really have an angle built in it for this spot.

My 2 cents,

Steve

I used the Metro on my car,had no issues with it really. Once you get everything sitting good in the car,and all adjusted its fine.There is a TON of adjustment in the glass though. If I hit my windows with a direct spray it will let a drip or two in, but thats most likely just an adjustment issue. My car wont be seeing too many automatic car washes though grin

I went ahead and ordered all the seals from OPG everything shuold be here next week. Shopped around and all the prices were pretty much the same. Also got my por-15 and fatmax today. Will start on that sat.

• 2 weeks later...
I went ahead and ordered all the seals from OPG everything shuold be here next week. Shopped around and all the prices were pretty much the same. Also got my por-15 and fatmax today. Will start on that sat.

hijack

Let me know how they workout. was going to go for the same thing. I need window felts to. anyone use OPGI felts?

Nice and soft. doesn't seem to be as beefy as I remember on the ends. I also got the window felts they are very nice. had to redrill a coupe of holes and work with the rear a little bit to fit the way I wanted. Haven't started on the door panels yet, not sure how they will staple to the old panels.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a source for the seal that mounts to the rear of the hood? All I can find is the one that mounts to the firewall, not the hood itself.

Does anyone have a source for the seal that mounts to the rear of the hood? All I can find is the one that mounts to the firewall, not the hood itself.

Soffseal..item#5070a link

I used Metro SuperSoft on my car as well. I ended up with Repops window felts for my beltline trim, and they flat out sucked, but thats what they had there in stock, so I went ahead and took them.

I got all that stuff from a local place about an hour away, named Kimbrells' Paint and Auto, its in Boiling Springs, SC. Its a family run business, great people all around. They gained a lifetime customer for their niceness I can tell you that.

Otherwise I would have gotten it all from Leo, but I would of had to pay shipping. I would much rather buy the stuff from smaller operations like Leo or this local place, they ACTUALLY CARE! smile