aluminum heads

71monteme

i guess that would depend a lot on your static compression ratio.

If the engine isn't particularly wild, I would imagine a good FelPro gasket would get the job done.. but I'm also aware there are other things to consider when you are running aluminum heads on an iron block like that..

ian.. i used all felpro gaskets in my engine I built.. been super happy with them. I spent the extra coin for the one-piece silicone gaskets with non-compressible inserts.. $30 for the oil pan alone and totally worth it.

Thanh, I always use out the box Felpro head gaskets on my nitrous engines, which is pretty much all my big blocks. But I don't spray more than a 250 shot ever.I don't have an 8 second 10.5 car in the stable.

The key to making a nitrous engine last is all in the tune. Keeping enough fuel pressure and pulling out enough timing is key. But a 125 shot can be done by just about anything out there with 7 bolts on the valve covers. We have a distinct advantage of a ton of head bolts. Example? A Ford 302 has 12 head bolts where a small block chevey has 17. Clamping force and not running lean are the deal. Add to that a good ignition system and a forged rotating assembly and you are off to the races.

Andy

thanks for the replies.

i was told that aluminum uses a special head gasket because of the different metals. i'm already running nitrous on my current set up, so i'm good there.

wanted to get into the 10s on motor, hence the head change.

thanh

You want to use a composition or copper gasket. The ones to stay away from are the thin stamped steel gaskets...the stamped steel type tends to wear grooves in the aluminum head surface.

For my BBC and Aluminum heads I have run nothing but Felpro-1027's and never had a gasket issue ever with them.These are the gaskets required for Aluminum heads

thanks Paul.

even part#.