Dashcaps.. Your feelings on them please.

Enigmatic

Not ready to purchase a new dash yet but mine looks like a small model of the grand canyon. How bad do they look (cant be worse than what I have now) and does anyone have have a cap installed and if so do you have any pictures of the dash. I may just spend the money for a new dash but would rather wait a bit if I can.

I remember seeing those listed when I was shopping for mine...are they as the name suggests, and just a thin layer of good-looking dash that lays over your old ugly one? just the idea of having an extra layer sounds less than ideal. Maybe a dashmat would be a better temp solution?

I need to do my dash also but cant swing it this year with doing the interior but may be able to swing the cap. opg has it for about a hundred bucks and I have the gift certifacate I got in norwalk last summer so it would only be 75 plus shipping. Its worth a thought even if only a one or two year thing.

For one of our cars I'd rather just spend the extra $$ and get a new Dash pad.

Now for the 78-88 G Body Chevys, a Dash Cap is the way to go, since the dash pad is the whole entire dash.