transmission swap

dimitri

That's the easy part. There should be a couple sets of holes already in the frame to accommodate both TH350 and TH400 transmissions. Just move the mount to the set of holes that lines up. I think the TH400 holes are further back on the frame.

That's the easy part. There should be a couple sets of holes already in the frame to accommodate both TH350 and TH400 transmissions. Just move the mount to the set of holes that lines up. I think the TH400 holes are further back on the frame.

ditto I had to move the crossmember 6" further back. No need to drill holes.

Perhaps a strange question but why a 400 and not a newer overdrive trans like a 2004R or 700R4? Most cars (and trucks) since the mid 80's have had some sort of overdrive. If the 350 is junk and you have a good free 400 or want to drag race and you have a big block, I understand. Personally, when my 350 dies, I'm changing to a 2004R for my stock 350.

Bruce

well i was made to seel all i had cause the storage place i had the car kind of kicked me out and the 402 big block and a th350 and a th400 had to be sold and now im trying to pick up the peices and get the car running.

im a novice when it comes to this

i will now start looking for a 200 r4 and a new drive shaft

thanks all

there is this truck in my nieghborhood that i have been eyeing and almost bought it last year but didnt have the money and it is still up for sale so im tryng to get the funds together to buy it ...it has a 454/th400 and would be an easier swap than to put the 350 i have but thanks for the info

To use the TH400 you also need the electric kickdown switch and harness that mounts to the accelerator pedal. The TH350 uses a cable kickdown.