New Aluminum radiator is now installed!

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

Just finished installing a new Aluminum radiator today. The original was not doing the job on very hot days. Choose a 2 Core Aluminum that should deliver on cooling performance. Kept the factory fan and shroud. Like a lot of other things that say "direct fit", it was close but (no cigar)! The water tank on driver side of radiator was somewhat wider than the radiator support or radiator cover would accomodate. Ended up having to cut a notch from both in order for radiator cushions to do their job. Also had to remove about 1/2" material from fan shroud so shroud would sit properly and not interfer with radiator. Other than that, everything went according to Hoyle! no

Ran her up to temp and using infared measured engine/water temp at various point. Water going into engine block running approx. 50 degrees cooler than water coming out. I think I hit the sweet spot on the temp problems with this conversion! 2beers WM coming up fast and think I am prepared for the extended drive now. It will be a good test to see how efficient this radiator is! Any way, heres a couple pics of the finished project!

getthumb-1.jpg

100_2886.jpg

100_2885.jpg

100_2889.jpg

HERE SHE IS RESTING AFTER THE ORDEAL. cool

100_2894.jpg

With the improving weather, have had some opportunity to getting closer to the finish line on my wish list items. Still have the A/C needing serviced, my Delco AM/FM Stereo install, electric Trunk Release to install and finish putting in the Deluxe seat belts. Remaining is cleaning, polishing, frame paint and incidentals not yet thought of. It (NEVER) laugh ends!

Until next time, all have a GREAT day......

Doug

Hey, thanks for the props guys. Now your making me blush blush! Can't wait for the WM so I can test her out going up Cabbage Hill on I-84 East. If she can make that grade and stay reasonably cool then I'm Gold. Any problems and Aaron will have to tow me over the top! shock Only thing left mechanically is to get the A/C serviced so that it will hold a charge longer than a few days. That will have to wait until after the Meet. Drove her in 100 degree weather last year and am still here, so should be able to make it again if it gets that warm.

Appreciate all your kind words. Makes it worth the time, effort and oh yeah the cash to get her in this condition.

All have a GREAT day......

P.S. Hope to see some if not all at the WM laugh

Doug