Lower body molding question

sdaztecs92115

Has anyone here restored the lower body moldings? These particular molding pieces on my 70 are in great shape but need a clean up and the satin black to be resprayed. Any suggestions on getting the black back as close to factory as possible would be appreciated. Thanks!

I repainted the trim on my 70 about 10 years ago and it has held up really well. I used paint stripper to strip the old plaint off, cleaned up the pieces really nice and then painted them. I used a Plasti-Kote brand paint designed for stainless trim. It was a semi-gloss black. My suggestion is to get decent tape to mask the trim. I used regular green masking tape and the edge of the paint is not as nice as it should be.

I like Sems trim black satin. I did all mine 24 years ago and it is still on. You need to buy it at a auto body supply or Eastwood on line.

ditto to what Carl said, SEM makes a nice Trim Black that looks great and holds up well, we use a lot of SEM products on a daily basis for collision repair, and used it quite a bit with resto work, they make good products