here's some of the Vegas vid's...

CrazyDavey

here's a few of the vids for you guys....hope you enjoy them..

here's a little intro Red did..

here's my second pass off the trailer..the 9.86..that's my racing pardner Dal's Chevelle..

here's when I slowed it down to the 10.08

and here's one of the three in a row 10.10's...

again thanks for all the good words everyone.. wink

Nice videos... cool

I almost thought you were gonna beat that full blown race vette in the last video, do you happen to remember what it ran?

thanks guys....

Bill that Vette was on the computer throttle..I think he was running low 8's or something like that...

it loves the trans brake, actually makes it hook better just like it did with Dal's car..the Griner is a nice piece..

I forgot to post the in car....this is one of the 9.x passes, I'm not sure which one....

Rod...good to see you!!

Bill that Vette was on the computer throttle..I think he was running low 8's or something like that...

I couldn't actually see the launch of the Vette but knew he had a controlled launch...I was just hoping he couldn't catch you... grin

On a side note I understand slowing a car down to run a certain number and the way you are doing it is fine in my book, I just hate when a car like the Vette is sitting there revving at the line then launches real hard then the computer slows it down to the point you think he stalled out and then all of a sudden it winds back up and he takes off. In my opinion that is some of the worse drag racing to watch...that's when I get up to go get a hot dog or use the bathroom... grin

Originally Posted By: CrazyDavey

I couldn't actually see the launch of the Vette but knew he had a controlled launch...I was just hoping he couldn't catch you... grin

On a side note I understand slowing a car down to run a certain number and the way you are doing it is fine in my book, I just hate when a car like the Vette is sitting there revving at the line then launches real hard then the computer slows it down to the point you think he stalled out and then all of a sudden it winds back up and he takes off. In my opinion that is some of the worse drag racing to watch...that's when I get up to go get a hot dog or use the bathroom... grin

Bill it not only looks stupid it sounds stupid too. I really don't get that style of racing but to each his own, I run my car all out when I can, I refuse to even fender race. The only reason I'm slowing it down now is because it's not legal for 9's yet and I don't want to get tossed, it takes a while to get all that done plus get my license (which is a pain).

Royce, I'm just slowing it down to stay legal for now, when I get all the safety updates and my license I'll let her go....I can't bust 10.00 for now....

What all do you have to do to, as you put it "Bust into the 9s"

I'm really getting excited to get mine ready. I haven't even tried it since I put on that new Pro-Systems carb.

upgrade my clothes...multi layer jacket, pants, shoes, gloves...neck collar...upgrade the rollbar to a cage..window net....medical...chassis cert....competition license.....that will make the car and me legal to 8.50....

Originally Posted By: Chevyss

I'm really getting excited to get mine ready. I haven't even tried it since I put on that new Pro-Systems carb.

upgrade my clothes...multi layer jacket, pants, shoes, gloves...neck collar...upgrade the rollbar to a cage..window net....medical...chassis cert....competition license.....that will make the car and me legal to 8.50....

It is funny you mention that Davey, our track has taken a pass on NHRA rules for non sanctioned events. As long as you have a driving jacket, a 10 point cage(uncertified), all you lugs, steel valve caps, 5 point dated harness, good studs, and an up to date helmet, you are good to go.

Back in December I drove Bu to PBIR (spare alt belt next to fuel cell, under NOS bottle) clicked off three 10.30s then 3 9.60s on spray and all they had to say was that me beautifill Simpson seatbelts were out of cert. I told the guy the tower gave me a waiver as they were just so damn pretty. The guy bought it. The only issue I have really ever had at PBIR is Oh Toothless One at the ticket trailer is always accusing me of not wearing headgear. The damn thing is hot so I take it off before exiting the track. At the rental it was no different. So I pulled over, got out and said, "Stick your hand inside the helmet and see if I didn't wear it?" Got 17 passes in since the rental and he hasn't asked again. Like the starter would trip the lights if I wasn't wearing it.

Originally Posted By: CrazyDavey
Originally Posted By: Chevyss

It is funny you mention that Davey, our track has taken a pass on NHRA rules for non sanctioned events. As long as you have a driving jacket, a 10 point cage(uncertified), all you lugs, steel valve caps, 5 point dated harness, good studs, and an up to date helmet, you are good to go.

Back in December I drove Bu to PBIR (spare alt belt next to fuel cell, under NOS bottle) clicked off three 10.30s then 3 9.60s on spray and all they had to say was that me beautifill Simpson seatbelts were out of cert. I told the guy the tower gave me a waiver as they were just so damn pretty. The guy bought it. The only issue I have really ever had at PBIR is Oh Toothless One at the ticket trailer is always accusing me of not wearing headgear. The damn thing is hot so I take it off before exiting the track. At the rental it was no different. So I pulled over, got out and said, "Stick your hand inside the helmet and see if I didn't wear it?" Got 17 passes in since the rental and he hasn't asked again. Like the starter would trip the lights if I wasn't wearing it.

It's frustrating Andy, you never know what a tech or waterbox maintenance director might get wigged out about. All of our tacks run Summit or PSCA so they play with NHRA for everything. Last week Friday was "offically" a TNT and I made 4 9 second passes with no intervention but I knew I wouldn't get away with it on Saturday so I had to slow it down. I just printed out the medical form for the license and the Army didn't want to know this much..."have you ever broken a nail?".....I guess it's a good way to get in your pockets every two years...the flowers at Wally's grave need a lot of maintenance....I'll just pretend I don't speak English (like the rest of LA) and see how far I can get...

thanks Greg...the motor exceeded expectations and it still has more in it....I just gotta get all the bs done now...

Shawn....hero status...I don't know, maybe you should set the bar higher.. grin...yeah it's a lot hassle but I'll have to go through it if I want to be able to really play....it's kind of like making an appointment for the dentist...