How many and where?

maddmann313

Dillon,

If ALL the bulbs are out, it probably is NOT all burnt out bulbs. Check for power on both sides of the tiny fuse in the fuse box WITH THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH TURNED ON ALL THE WAY.

If it helps any, here is a link to the pictures I took of my 71 NON-A/C car for a heater core replace that snow balled.

71 NON A/C Heater Core replacement / dash removal

How did u get just that part out?

Dillon.. just in case you need additional help, here is a link to a nice tutorial for "Chevelle & Monte Carlo" dash panel replacement. PDF Link

Originally Posted By: maddmann313
How did u get just that part out?

Dillon.. just in case you need additional help, here is a link to a nice tutorial for "Chevelle & Monte Carlo" dash panel replacement. PDF Link

Good Call on the Link. That is the one I used and Recommend. Gound up(SS396.com)

I did manage to replace all the bulbs in the dash of my 70 with just removing the dash pad and the lower column cover. It was tight but I was able to change out all the incandecent bulbs with LED bulbs which means on half I had to turn the bulb around AGAIN after a first install. It was a PITA but I did it. I wanted power to be able to ensure they each worked hence the need to reverse a few oh and having had a couple of missing holders.

So it can be done without full dash removal. I am going to do that eventually anyway but at the time I wanted to just do the bulbs.

And oh yes except for maybe 1 all the REST were out!! and even ones that the filament LOOKED fine were not so quite possible fuse is fine and ALL are out!!! So yes check the fuse first but be prepared to replace ALL the bulbs and do so even if they look good. Bench TEST them and you'll likely find there NFG even if don't look so...trust me.

Scott

Well what lights out idiot lights red when they light up? Do u need to get different colors for those idiot lights?

As noted there all the regular 194 style wedge bulbs found in your side marker lights look like this: 20084.jpg

And after you get them all changed (I used LED bulbs) it should look like this:

DashlightsLED.jpg

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Scott

Wow those are some bright bulbs. How much were they? My dash isn't to bad. I think all my bulbs work but could be brighter. I'll have to pull my dash anyways as my speedo and clock doesn't work and the lenses are very dusty.

Wow those are some bright bulbs. How much were they? My dash isn't to bad. I think all my bulbs work but could be brighter. I'll have to pull my dash anyways as my speedo and clock doesn't work and the lenses are very dusty.

Well not sure if it makes a difference with the LED for the output? Maybe? As for price....well they were FREE we have them at work we sell for the interior of vehicles etc. There were an older version we have upgraded to newer ones. So I got my pick of them as a perk grin

But you can use regular filament bulbs and I bet would be brighter.

Scott