COWL PICS PLEASE

black07ss

I am wondering what to do with my cowl. Not sure if I want to go with body color, black, or black on top of the cowl and body color below, or body color on top and black below. Thanks in advance for pics of what you guys are sporting

Mine is done in a semigloss black. I don't have any pics of the cowl specifically though. Personally, I think it looks best if it's the same colour as the firewall.

You can sort of see it here:

Monte_325.jpg

Monte_330.jpg

my is done in black Metallica rattle can.

Metallica?

Was it "And Justice for All" or "Master of Puppets"? grin

Originally Posted By: monte70car
my is done in black Metallica rattle can.

Metallica?

Was it "And Justice for All" or "Master of Puppets"? grin

Whiplash!!!

When I go to a car show, the shroud and inner fenders get a very light dressing of Armour All. I do not put it on thick. I find this makes scratches in the plastic look less prominent. I never spray the areas directly, I spray it on a sponge first and them wipe the sponge on the area. This is the same process I use for tires. I usually try not to do the hoses but sometimes I get some on the top rad hose while doing the shroud so I have to do the whole hose to make it look OK.

Hey Bob, I have to agree with Aaron the factory black is better in my opinion then the color of the car on the firewall and mine was a Semi-Flat and Semi Gloss on other parts to offset a little. sorry for the lighting change the bulds blew in the garage and I went with a bright white rather than soft white bulb after..

Darren.

mrgobi042.jpgmrgobi043.jpg

mrgobi044-1.jpgjunk066.jpg

On my 72 I am using Wizards Black Renew. It cleans and shines up Inner skirts, hoses and fan shroud nicely.

Good to know........thanks!

The Wizards Black Renew can also be used to remove wax and clean up the rubber window trim. I rubbed out my 72 last Aug and had the white residue all over the cowl screens, trunk seal and window seals. After using the Black Renew they looked like new again.

Hey Bob, I have to agree with Aaron the factory black is better in my opinion then the color of the car on the firewall and mine was a Semi-Flat and Semi Gloss on other parts to offset a little. sorry for the lighting change the bulds blew in the garage and I went with a bright white rather than soft white bulb after..

Darren.

mrgobi042.jpgmrgobi043.jpg

mrgobi044-1.jpgjunk066.jpg

What is a Michigan Plate doing on a Canada owners car? laugh

The plates were actually a gift from a guy on Ebay that I bought a lot of chevelle parts from in Michigan, One day in the mailbox was this Pair of Non used uncirculated plates still in the Prison paper wrapping from this Ebayer saying thanks for all the business enjoy the plates...I put them on at first but always was wanting to find the right as close to original and matching plates I could find for the chevelle, and bingo on Ebay I found them as close as I am ever going to get for the correct ones. So here are some pics of the right plates...Yes still USA plates but justified, here's so..

The chevelle was made at the Lakewood GM Plant in Fulton County in Atlanta Georgia and was custom ordered so the plates I found are as follows and you can see.

1-- stands for Fulton County in Atlanta Georgia.

J-- is for the weight classification on the chevelle.

64185-- is the sequince number (and important part).

with me being such an OEM Freak. Yes I know Rod & Vaughn Just the Freak part suits me better....lol.

my last 5 VIN number digits from Atlanta are 64137 so 64185 is the closest after 40 years of finding the matching licience plates I am ever going to get...So the Michigan plates are now gone and also for sale.!!!! and the Georgia plates are rightfully so displayed on it now.... Yes I guess I am a OEM Freak.....

Darren.

2012_0420plates0017.jpg2012_0420plates0018.jpg