upper & lower ball joint problem???

Hey guys..i got a problem..I bought some new Moog upper & lower ball joints along with the control arm bushings. Got the lower ones pressed in and screwed the top ones in..once I got all this together I find out that the hole where the greese fitting goes is not threaded to accept the fitting..ofcourse ive already installed them onto the car! Now i have the greese fittings for the top ones but the bottom ones didnt even come with the fittings and none of them are tapped to screw anything into the holes where they should go....My question is can I simply get a tap & die set to fix the problem & install the fittings? or can I run them without the fittings(doubt that!!) unless theres some kind of cover for that hole where the greese would come out. Man its always some obsticle when putting a car back together..urrggghhh! what should I do???

self tapping fittings...interesting....yeah I tried to jus tap the hole with the fitting but it seems as though their too short cuz they bottom out before they would start to screw..i might jus see if I can find those self tapping ones and try those cuz I dont want to take them all apart or get the bottom ones pressed out...where do they sell the self tapping fittings at?

and I actually was thinkin I could jus epoxy the fitting to the hole..but later thought that could be a bad idea..... smirk

The holes n a MOOG ball joint are never threaded. Try a 8mm or 5/16 socket (not a deep well) and force it in.They make a larger greese fitting but Moog is normally spot on with there fittings,nuts and cotter keys.Grease fitting are self tapping..

I like to use a 1/4" drive ratchet and socket. I also have had to put paper or something in the socket to keep the zerk from going too deep in the socket...

Ditto...... I wish I knew where that cool "ditto" guy comes from.....lol

Steve

Click on the smiley right above the reply box when replying, and then click view more smilies and he's in there!!

Originally Posted By: Monteman1971

Steve

Click on the smiley right above the reply box when replying, and then click view more smilies and he's in there!!

ditto

Sorry - couldn't resist. lol

Originally Posted By: 71 MONTE 4 YA
Originally Posted By: Monteman1971

Steve

ditto

Sorry - couldn't resist. lol

rofl