Header Gasket ?

vince

3 years ago I put on some Headmen Headers and I used the gaskets that came in the box. well one of them blew out and I need to replace them. I was looking at using the aluminum type gaskets what are your thoughts?

sb350 stock 202 heads.

I am not looking to change the headers just the gaskets.

I have always used Fel Pro header gaskets and not had any issues. These should be the right ones for a stock small block. I have even taken the headers off and put them back on with the same gasket using them

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEL-1444/

I do not remember the gaskets I used on my 72 when I had the headers powder coated last Dec. but they were copper colored. May have been copper I will have to ask my son in-law to see if he remembers.

I was told that unless your headers and heads are really flat (top quality) that metal gaskets will leak...and I found that out with cooper gaskets myself....I went with the Mr Gasket paper/cardboard...whatever you want to call the material...ones and they work great with no leaks because they crush easier and fill the imperfections. They are also the cheapest, let's say least expensive smile

Steve

Thanks guys

I went to a local speed shop and they recommended the Mr Gasket Ultra and the copper ones, So I went with the Mr Gasket Ultra.

Thank again for all the replys