and back to the metal work!!!!!

bigscaht

well heres some more pics..got the passenger side all buttoned up..seam sealer and all..on to the drivers side now!!!

2012-11-27095730.jpg

2012-11-27114034.jpg

2012-11-27114048.jpg

2012-11-27131317.jpg

im gettin closere and closer to putting this car back together..excitement is building!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
You think weep holes would aid in some way for future rust prevention?

Not if leaves and other stuff gets in there. I think there was a way for water to drain out when new but it gets plugged up when stuff falls in the cowl. Need some good cowl grilles to keep the junk out.

Originally Posted By: Mo's70MCs

Not if leaves and other stuff gets in there. I think there was a way for water to drain out when new but it gets plugged up when stuff falls in the cowl. Need some good cowl grilles to keep the junk out.

Yep that is what happened to mine. Full of dirt and leaves frown There was a small opening at the bottom but it was plugged

Originally Posted By: Canuck
Originally Posted By: Mo's70MCs

Yep that is what happened to mine. Full of dirt and leaves frown There was a small opening at the bottom but it was plugged

ditto for mine as well, makes for a suprisingly efficient compost in there so there are some positives crazy.

compost is right..i shoulda took pics of what feel out when i took this all apart....but yes ive thought about weep holes..so what I did is where the bottom of the 2 pieces of the shoulder come together..jus dont weld them together all the way to the bottom..this gives you a nice drain hole for water to get out and yes I need a nice set of cowl screens to go up top..theres a christmas present idea!!!!

well I got her all finished today..all seam sealed up and everything

2012-12-12125140.jpg

2012-12-12125202.jpg

2012-12-12121046.jpg

im lovin the way she looks with the new cowl shoulders on there! one more thing done to take off the list!

• 1 month later...