Support For Motor Tilt Sans Trans

Will

So I pulled the trans to swap out with my new beefier one. And to have out to replace floor pans. But the motor now leans back till the distributor cap is against the firewall. I normally just jack up the pan and rest it on a board for support but now I need to have her towed to body shop. Any suggestions on how to support the rear of the motor in transit? I was thinking maybe a ratchet strap from flywheel up over the motor to frame. But worried about putting that upward stress on the flywheel and seals and such. Any ideas? Have you encountered this before? Should I just put in solid motor mounts and be done with it? What are the benefits of solid motor mounts?

Thanks

Will

ditto I wouldn't hesitate to pull the motor out. Just be easier for the shop to move it around when needed and one less thing to worry about. Plus then would be a good time to clean the firewall and spruce it up along with the engine.

Yeah...this is how the "Snowball Effect" happens! lol

Well this snowball effect you guys speak of is already in motion. Pulling the motor today. Then decided since I was in there I would do the inner wheel fenders. Mine are all cracked. And I figured hell, Ill just go all out and do the jeep steering box conversion too, haha. Luckily I recently sold a couple things that boosted my budget up a grand. So now Im selling anything not nailed down. haha

I hope your proud of yourselves. Im selling anything not nailed down to pay for this snowball you gave me. haha. I blame you for this...

Why isnt my motor sitting here?

About to go in...

My 468 should be sitting there. haha. And heres the projects staged to go in, Jeep steering box, Hydroboost, Electric Fans, And the Steel inner fenders are in my shopping cart now. I hate you in such a great way. haha

Haha, Like I said, I hate you all in such a great way. Because Im loving getting all this done. But I need some opinions, OPG or Goodmark for my inner fenders. 20 dollar difference, but with 110 in shipping from summit thats almost half. Any reason I shouldnt go OPG?