1970 temp sending units

Sam (Bones)

There is one sending until that has two connection on it.

I believe that one is for the TSC and the idiot light

looking at my wiring harness, I have one wire on the drivers side, and I have another wire on the other side of my engine, and I have gauges confused

The one with 2 prongs is for the idiot light cars. The one for the tack/gauge package has one prong but it isn't the same type of prong. I've seen them both on Ebay etc and I have a brand new spare for my idiot light temp.

Cheers,

Larry

according to a web site that sells wiring harnesses...the two prong goes in the pass head and a threaded one for the gauge goes in the drives side head

good news...I found both of my sending units

bad news...my harnesses are brittle and if you bend them the wiring insulation breaks cry

The 71 NO A/C I took all of the gauges and wiring from, also no A/C, had two sending units. The right head unit I never took, just the left. If I remember correctly, the original left sender in my car W/O gauges had two, now only one wire. My TCS is not hooked up but everything else works fine for over 22 years now.

Bruce

• 1 month later...

My 70 454 with gauges, no AC has two...one with two prongs, and the otherside has one with a stud and nut

You can see them on my cardomain link below, page 6 of 7