back lights and lic plate light

So while doing the new bumper I figured I would clean up the 43 year old light housing as well. Does any one know if the inside of the house is painted white or is it supposed to be a sliver color to reflect the light kinda like the tail lights? Or are they just bare metal.

Believe it or not, i redid mine in Testers paint (modelling Paint) in a Bright White to all and it dried super glossy and made a difference to mine..

Darren.

Well guys I follow suit with the white for the back up lights and tag light. I didn't use the model type paint, but I used my air brush paint with a little alum base and a coat of clear. parts002_zps1d167622.jpgparts003_zps5bb6524b.jpgI even cleaned up the lenses some where along the line the tag light got a shoot of clear on it not sure when or by who but it was a yellowish color.

I used silver on my car then cleared it, but would opt for white as Ive done it since then on others cars. Probably not much difference really, but only makes sense that white will reflect the most light

I got the lights back in the bumper this afternoon the tag light is brighter then it used to be, now the light is shining up towards the trunklol. I have not tried the back up lights but I'm sure it will be just as bright as the tag light.