need emissions hoses

daberry

I am needing to replace the emissions hoses on my 71 SS454. I have 3 hoses coming out the top of the emissions canister. 2 of the 3 appear to be original and are in poor condition. The largest one appears to be 5/15" and has EVAP printed on it at 3" spacing. The other 2 appear to be 3/16" without any markings but one of them appears to have a single wide rib on it. Can anyone tell me what is correct? I am trying to find the correct hoses so if you have any info on where to get them I would appreciate that as well. Thanks, Dale

Figure out how many feet youn eed and then go to the parts store and buy it. That is what I did for my 72 all of my hoses came from O'Reilly's.

Dale,

When replacing some of the hoses on my 71 350, I came across one by the gas tank with a special re stricter inside the hose. I almost threw it out! Here are some pictures.

Bruce

71 fuel tank hoses

Dale,

No, I also just went to my local auto parts store. I was going to get the new plastic lined hose because of the 10% ethanol in today's fuel but they didn't have any.

Bruce

I've not had luck finding the hoses at any Chevelle/MC supplier. The closest I've found is from the Corvette side but they all seem to be smaller hose for air conditioning/heater systems. Still looking.

Bruce, I checked my hoses at the tank and they have all been replaced with standard fuel line hose and worm gear clamps. Did you find any clamps on your hoses when you removed them? I checked my assembly manual and it doesn't show any clamps at those locations. Also did you have any other markings on any of the hoses? Thanks, Dale

No clamps. I don't remember any other than the stripe on the one with the orifice.

Is your evap emissions system all hooked up?

I can only guess what the orifice did and what if anything will happen if it's gone. (perhaps suck too much?)

Bruce

Yeah my system seems intact. For some reason the hoses off the tank were replaced but the ones under the hood appear original. I haven't taken the lines loose yet to check for the orifice. Thanks for the info. Dale

Not sure if this will help Dale, but i bought a complete set of lines and hoses for my 72 from "in line" havent gotten to them yet but i know there were hoses at the ends of some of the lines. There were also hoses in a side bag of parts but they are to short i think they are fuel lines. Give them a call maybe they help.

• 2 weeks later...

Try Ecklers Corvette. Go to the engine related tab and choose emissions. They have a bunch of hoses listed. You should be able to have them verify lengths etc.