I've been holding out on you guys for a bit.....

Viperlover

I'm also putting new gauges in, I have 3 left to buy before I do it.

i12t.jpg

I have LT1 rear brakes to go with the ebrake handle when I put 4.11s in it. It has 3.55s for now.

All I need to do to get it going is shorten the driveshaft and mod my clutch pedal for the pushrod.

Wow, nice job. You've been busy!

The console turned out great. I made one for mine a few years back and yours is a similar shape. Mine is made from MDF and designed as an enclosure for my sub-woofer, so it's got a bottom to it. I have a cheap beverage caddy sitting right about where your shifter resides. Thank goodness that caddy lifts out, as it's something of an eyesore...but pretty handy for holding drinks.

The stereo sounds great with the woofer inside the car. Never could get used to the idea of trying to force the sound through the back seat from the trunk.

078.jpg

Brings back some good memories for me. In grade 12 wood shop, I had a 72 Chevelle 2 door HT with buckets and no console. We were allowed to draft and build anything we wanted so I purchased some 3/4" thick solid cheery wood and built my own console. I had a storage compartment, oil, amp and temp gauges and 2 Alpine speakers in it. The Teach gave me 95% on it. Somewhere I have a pic of it and I'll post it if I find it. smile

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again guys. When i was in highschool someone keyed my passenger side door so I repainted the whole car blade silver with a cyber gray top and an atomic orange stripe down the side, it was my senior project.

The seats are from 6litereater.com

I had to make brackets for the sliders to bolt to, the outer part of the car uses the stock bolt holes.

And the dash is from classic dash. I still need to buy a tach, voltmeter and oil pressure gauge before I can install it.

Good news is that I got it running again and the clutch pedal feels great. I had to weld on a clutch stop to keep from over extending the clutch fork and hitting the pressure plate. I've had it out for a drive and it feels sweeeeet to be able to shift gears. It feels like the system is apart of the car, almost like its always been there.

The bad news is that I need to pull the trans again and have my flywheel and pressure plate balanced. It has a vibration at 3500+ rpm. Oh well, that is a lot cheaper than having to go through the motor again. And the absolute last thing left after that is reworking my exhaust, the x pipe needs to be moved back 5 or 6 inches so it doesn't hit the trans cross member.

I never thought I would have a T56 this soon. 6th gear is going to be a great money saver.