Radio

QuadGTI

Well it does have Bluetooth which I like

you are right it is pricey

I just haven't been able to find anything better

For speakers Im thinking of a kick panel.... any good ones around

I don't care for the kick panel speakers. They don't add a lot to the overall sound in the car because of the placement. If I was going to do it again I would install dash speakers vice kick panel. Just my .02. As far as this radio goes, it does look pricey but I like it.

I don't care for the kick panel speakers. They don't add a lot to the overall sound in the car because of the placement. If I was going to do it again I would install dash speakers vice kick panel. Just my .02. As far as this radio goes, it does look pricey but I like it.

Do you mean dash speakers and kick panel also, as in combo?

Mario, if I had to pick one over the other, the dash speakers would win, hands down, simply due to their placement in the vehicle and characteristics of sound waves. A combo would be nice and the speakers in the kick panels would help fill the compartment with sound when combined with the dash and package tray speakers but wouldn't, in my opinion, add too much over the dash/package tray combination of speakers.

Unfortunately I am not running dash speakers at this time. I took them out in favor of the kick panel speakers and have regretted it ever since. I am amassing parts to swap my current idiot light dash to a gage dash so will likely be installing dash speakers as part of the project. I think there are nice speakers on the market that fit in the stock openings and brackets but at this time have not really researched it. I am neck deep in a console install and have learned from experience one thing at a time works best for me. Once my console is installed completely I will be switching to the dash project and will look at them then. I am certain other members will chime in with what they currently have installed and whether or not they like them. Sorry that doesn't really answer your question Mario.

• 1 month later...

When will the rest of it arrive?:-)

Just kidding, looks nice, is that a fancy USB bluetooth CD upgrade?

CD? Who uses that anymore lol

Its Bluetooth MP3 for this Canuck from now on

I'm going to get the kick panel custom made, not a big fan of aftermarket ones made.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been considering the same radio Mario. They want $749 on Ebay for a factory original am/fm orange light radio that has been reconditioned and of course doesn't have MP3 or bluetooth capabilities.

I thought someone was redoing our original radios with the bluetooth and MP3 down in Flordia? I could be dreaming but that strikes a bell in my ole memory which has my rememberereerere not working as well but my forgetereerererer is gitten betterere every day.

• 5 months later...

Well its Dec and still haven't installed the radio :cry2:

So I finally started on it last week

Getting the radio deck to fit in exactly took about 2 hours but its snug like a bug now

Was running new wires to the back and under the rear seats an was horrified with all the crap I found under the seat... time for a major clean up and while I'm doing that might as well replace the smelly/brittle carpet.

More to come