1970 Convertible Monte Carlo

Hello Guys, I have had some PM's and emails asking if There is a convertible top for my car as its not seen in my Signature Pics. so here are a Bunch of pictures of the car with roof up and down and engine shot and at different years in its life with either rallies or hubcaps or wired wheels..

Darren.2012_0909montecarlo0003.jpg2012_0909montecarlo0004.jpg2012_0904montecarlo0003.jpg25241269_640.jpgmonte8.jpgmonte7.jpgmonte5.jpgmonte2.jpgInternetExplorerWallpaper.jpg172.jpg

Without a doubt, that is one beautiful car Darren! I have a question, where is the 4 spoke steering wheel from?

Likely a newer Oldsmobile late 70's to late 80's Cutlasses had them.

Just be aware of wheel diameter. I believe they chaged over the years. Here is one on eBay for example : Custlass wheel on eBay

Dan

Thanks guys, The bodywork was all done over on the East Coast by what I was told was a Famous Corvette restoration company. as Nice as it looks the underhood was still 44 years old and looked it too, so I did all the underhood appearnce stuff keeping it all OEM with subtle chrome flares here and there but not too much. Hey Murphy the steering wheel I bought from Ebay and was off of a 1970 Olds 442 car so it said and then I bought a 1969 corvette Horn cap and transpossed the Monte Emblem onto it from 1970 and added the Burlwood looking background so it looked alright. The wheel is smaller for sure than stock but still a GM wheel in a sence and is manageable. Also added the PDL's and Tilt and Power trunk and Electro Tip Wipers from a 70 Chevelle donar car, So glad that the 70 chevelle shares so many parts with our cars and that you can strip them to make our cars look like Clone SS cars........ hahahahahahaha

Darren.

Hey Kelly, yes they are. but one will be exiting soon to another member. I am trying like crazy to chase down this 1971 350 m20 4spd car next.

Darren.

the steering wheel I bought was off of a 1970 Olds 442 car so it said and then I bought a 1969 corvette Horn cap and transpossed the Monte Emblem onto it from 1970 and added the Burlwood looking background so it looked alright. The wheel is smaller for sure than stock but still a GM wheel in a sence and is manageable. So glad that the 70 chevelle shares so many parts with our cars and that you can strip them to make our cars look like Clone SS cars........ hahahahahahaha

Darren.

Darren, car looks great as usual. First, I am not a fan of fender skirts or wires etc. but it somehow fits the whole package on your car and looks perfect. I am helping my Dad build a 70 convertible and it is slow going but hopefully will look as nice as yours a few years down the road. I also love your last comment about parting Chevelles for parts for our Montes, that is priceless. So many Montes have gone to their grave too early just to make a Chevelle or some A-body car better. I have even seen threads on Buick and Olds sites about parting montes for the 12 bolt, rear suspension braces and/or f-41 arms and sway bars and of course the disc brake setups, buckets, elec. windows, tilt columns, etc. Also, the steering wheel is the smaller(14.5") sport wheel from around a 75-77 Olds. Starfire. You can also tell by the faux stitching that it is the smaller wheel. The 70-77 Cutlass/442 sport wheel is 15.5". I have few of the 15.5" wheels and the Oldsmobiles to go with them.