Heading to the track tomorrow

dbreese

I hear ya Steve. I remember brutal winters when I was growing up a military brat. We were station at Plattsburg, NY and Loring AFB, ME back in the 60's. Burrrrr is right.

Yep our summers are hot but I will take it over brutal cold any day.

David

IMG_0392_zpszowwj1lq.jpgIMG_0392-2_zpsvzoghzvf.jpg

New best et and mph in the 1/4. Only got to make two passes ( oil downs and crashes not serious) held up the runs. Had a great day , no broken parts and no bent sheet metal. Second pass was a .030 slower but the 60'was a 1.595.

David

• Like 1

Thanks Guys

Just a guess Sam but I think the air was going away as the incremental times where all off by .003 down the track sans the 60'. I was really excited by the mph at the stripe in the first run. Oh so close to the 120 mph mark. The engine is still pulling hard at the stripe which makes me think it wants more gear. My guess is 4.30 would put me in the sweet spot. Would it kill some drivability on the street road, yep, but according to the wife I drive to slow anyways. I'm real easy on the street and road. Never really in a hurry to get anywhere. 

David 

nice job David......I'm starting to get antsy about getting back out there but it's going to be a while I think unless I can find a car to borrow.  Mine is apart and Mark Jones has the motor....that's a Big Tex trailer isn't it?  That was the first one I had, nice piece....

Hey Dave,

What's up with the Velle? Freshen up on the chassis and engine? Will the car be ready for next season? Hope all is well and you're  feeling good.

Yep that is a Big Tex 18'. Pulls like a dream behind my little ole hemi powered 1500. 

BTW i don't know what happened to my time slip. I deleted it in photo bucket but got it reposted.

Take care,

David

Hey David....yeah freshening the motor, I figured after 400 passes it was about time.  Still ran good and I did a compression test just before I pulled it....250 lbs on each cylinder so the top end was still good but i was worried about the bottom end.  Probably won't change much, maybe a little more cam and turn it a bit more, that's about it.  I'm feeling okay, have had a couple of set backs but still kicking.  Don't know if Mark can get it done before the season starts, that's why I may need to borrow a car just to stay in the points......yeah the Big Tex is sweet....I'm on my third trailer now....geez....

Nice runs David. Hope to see you again later this year.

Sounds good Jared. Heck I might just haul my junk up your way and take it to your local track for some fun. 

Work on getting well Sir.

David

Great run Dave!!!  Wish I was running those times!

Hoping to get to the track myself in a couple weeks.

If you can harness all that monster torque you would be well into the 11's. 

David