Exhaust Tips

rentahubby

It not really an engine based question but I'm getting my exhaust redone on Monday and would like to see what everyone has for exhaust tips, currently mine are just short of the rear bumper and I get exhaust coming in the car when I have the windows down. I wanted to see what tips look good or just go stock past the bumper a bit.

I got mine off EBAY and they come in 2 1/2" and 3" depending on what exhaust you are using. I have 2 1/2".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/69-72-Chevelle-SS-LS5-LS6-LS3-Tail-Pipe-Chrome-Dual-Exhaust-2-5-Tip-Tips-Pair-/200914557603?hash=item2ec770daa3:g:23YAAOSwh-1W5FEX&vxp=mtr

There are many vendors that sell these so do a search and decide which vendor works for you. Tamaraz is another good vendor I buy stuff from.

I have always like the look of the stock SS tips.

My small block "Walker" exhaust tailpipes are smaller, I think 2-3/4", so I would need a complete different system.

Walker doesn't make the parts I need anymore so some day....

Here is what mine look like now (when the rear bumper was off)

post-76-0-61525800-1470330126_thumb.jpg

post-76-0-24676300-1470330228_thumb.jpg

I agree with Rock on the ovals being the best looking. I went with Pypes brand, stainless steel through Summit. They are a bit more expensive than the link from Rock, but I can vouch for the quality and fit & finish of the Pypes being absolutely amazing. And they are stainless vs chrome. Mine are 3", part #EVT56.

Scott

• Like 1

My stainless 2 1/2" system just sticks out past the lower edge of the bumper with no tips just an angle on the pipe itself. I just have to polish them up now and then. I did not want chrome tips on mine because I was never able to keep them looking as good as I wanted them to. I am getting older and lazier.

My stainless 2 1/2" system just sticks out past the lower edge of the bumper with no tips just an angle on the pipe itself. I just have to polish them up now and then. I did not want chrome tips on mine because I was never able to keep them looking as good as I wanted them to. I am getting older and lazier.

:coffee2:

Doug

I'm getting cremated, so they can tape up the ends and stick me in them. It would make for a good conversation piece with me on the mantle in two exhaust tips, don't you think? :yay:  :yay:  :yay::nutz:  

I have a pair of the SS tips I don't need.

2 1/2", chrome is very good, very minor shelf wear, never used, paid $50 plus shipping, will take $45 plus shipping.

Dan

post-339-0-77641400-1470420461_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-79830100-1470420488_thumb.jpg

• Like 1