This May Be A First

Rob Peters

Today I Han an opportunity to have my picture taken with The Stanley Cup!!! As luck would have it, I was wearing a FGMCC T-Shirt. This may be the first time the most cherished prize award in the National Hockey League has been photographed with a FGMCC Logo Shirt.

rob

IMG_20160904_130113_078(1).jpg

• Like 2

I don't usually wear one of my club shirts to church but today I did today because I was planning to take the grandkids to a car cruise that afternoon. At the end of the mass our Priest announced the cup would be in the community park just down the street from our church.

When we saw Father Jim down at the park I said to him...."I noticed you didn't make that announcement prior to starting the Mass.....why was that, did you think half of us would leave right away?"

Father Jim and another one of our Priest showed up after we had been in line about 20 minutes and all I can say is rank has its privileges because they were allowed to go to the front of the line, after all, they had more Masses to say and souls to save.

rob