Better street engine?

Ok, this is really a generic post, just trying to get the new forum to show some up to date posts instead of ones from March!

But, since I'm here, here goes. . .

What type of engine would be better for the street? Race?

The same displacement engine, but one having a longer stroke with a smaller bore, and the other having a smaller stroke, with a larger bore?

Are these current posts going to disappear? This one for instance? or do you just mean, we lose april to now, but any new posts will be fine.

Ok, so we should not post here yet? When can we post and know that our post won't disappear here?

Sorry for all the questions Sam.

This is the best place to post if you want your post to last; until the moderator/administrator cleans up the board. If you post on the old sight it is just a matter of time before that site gets shut down.

So, are we still going to be able to have a search function for old info/threads, or will it only work for the threads which have not been deleted as of that time?

yes but, we are going to lose ALL posts from april 1st until present, that is why we are telling you to post here, everything new over there will be lost, this will be all there is.

Lloyd did a great job saving as much (almost all) as he has, not to mention the amount of time he has spent on it (if you only knew)

So, are we still going to be able to have a search function for old info/threads, or will it only work for the threads which have not been deleted as of that time?

There is a search on the right hand side bar down just above the top posters. So everything that was on the old board prior to April (as Sam said) is searchable.

Give it a try and let me know what you think...

I'm with ya now, I thought you were telling me that new posts we start on this forum might be lost as well at this time.

I'm good to go now that I know I that this forum is ready and we should hang out here for good.

Thanks guys!

Cool, glad we could clear that up...

And we only can hope that this site and new host stays for a good looooooooooooooooong time. smile

And we only can hope that this site and new host stays for a good looooooooooooooooong time. smile

THAT would certainly be nice..............

wink

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I've had enough" ... REO Speedwagon ... 'Time For Me To Fly'

We should probably make it more clear over there to everyone, I know it has been posted before, but there are still a whole lot of new posts over there for now. It seems more are coming over here slowly though.

Tony

FYI if you are using an older computer, like I do at times, some of the features don't work like the drop downs under My Stuff and Active Topics. Granted it's a 6 year old MAC but it runs so nice just like my Monte Carlo.

Bruce

While I'm in here I find the font changes back & forth from larger to smaller & the font itself without notice - pretty weird but no locking up.

has anyone had the site "locking-up" on them, I have, thought it was my laptop, go to other sites, everything is fine

I have noticed a couple of time when I go to post it seems to freeze; then I close IE and it works fine again. Let me know if anyone else has issues like this please. confused

Originally Posted By: Bones
has anyone had the site "locking-up" on them, I have, thought it was my laptop, go to other sites, everything is fine

I have noticed a couple of time when I go to post it seems to freeze; then I close IE and it works fine again. Let me know if anyone else has issues like this please. confused

*raises hand*

I have a few times....

"I should ask, but I won't" ... Rebecca Lynn Howard ... 'Forgive'

Hmmm this is why we wanted to test how good this new host is. So far it is good that the freeze only last a few seconds. Could even be an IE issue. Has anyone running FireFox had this problem?

Running Firefox.. no problems as of yet! So far so good, the change is coming along dragstic and slow. SOS

Why are we in Engine Tech? Shouldn't we be in the General forum? I couldn't help myself. lol

Rod

I know I've had occassional troubles with the MCSS.com forum, too, since they moved to this same type of layout/forum. Oddly enough, when I open my AOL program/account and use AOL's web browser ... I have no problems.... Weird, indeedy!

Ironically, ChevyTalk.org uses something rather similar ... and I have NO problems with it.

*shrugs*

Go figure wink.

"It's hard to tell if I exist" ... Barenaked Ladies ... 'Pinch Me'

Running Firefox here also. Absolutely no lock up issues.

I'm really starting to like this site better, after playing around in here, just keep finding more and more features.

Thanks again Lloyd for the hard work and long hours to do this for all of us.

Darn it - today I am locking up - won't let me post or shout.....

no idea what firefox is so I must not have it......