Weather seal kit?

Cooltech

Hey guys, just curious if any of you know any where I could buy a weather seal kit for my 71'?  OPGI has a Stage 1 and a Stage 2 but alot some of the parts arent in stock and looks like it would be in June July before they get it. I looked at The Parts Place and they sell one but I dont know what you get.

Cheers!!

I'm looking at buying some weather stripping as well. I was planning on using Summit Racing, as they can get anything that OPGI can get. I have their OEM style window fuzzy kit for wide molding on order, and I think it's something like $40 cheaper through Summit because there's no shipping charge. I like using The Parts Place for odds and ends but it's aggravating that you need to contact them to get any information about what's included in kits.

I'm leaning toward Metro Molded Products for the rubber, but if anybody has had better luck with Soffseal or another brand it would be good to hear recent reviews.

• Like 1

I used sofseal but from what I hear metro is better and they also donate door prizes for our meets too. With OPG I have always called first before ordering to make sure they have in stock what I wanted, if not in stock move on they have been known for not getting items in stock for quite some time.

• Like 1

I got a seal kit from parts place. I will look at it when I get home from work. It’s still in the box. If you guys would, post the part number of the kit you are looking at to make sure it matches what I bought so we don’t have conflicting kits. Thanks Dennis 

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

I have the seal that goes around the top of the side windows. Also have a new trunk seal if you want them.

I might just do that Aaron, I would imagine that those should be in the kit but you never know. lol

Thanks again!!

So... the two seals that screw below the windows?  Does this result in baby seals?  

Yeah, it’s my day off and the Old Fashioned’s are going down smoothly. 

C390E5FE-8090-4484-8CC3-DFA5AF9ED114.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Glen said:

So... the two seals that screw below the windows?  Does this result in baby seals?  

Yeah, it’s my day off and the Old Fashioned’s are going down smoothly. 

C390E5FE-8090-4484-8CC3-DFA5AF9ED114.png

Not a bad thought. If they reproduce it may cut down on the opgi back orders 

2 hours ago, willie said:

I used Metro, everything fit great with no problems. I bought the kit, don't remember the number but i can get it if you need it.

If you dont mind, that would be great!! Do you know what seals come in the kit? Is it like Dtret's?

Here you go Scott, this is what i ordered from Metro Moulded Parts

ALP 5002   Door Lock Pillar Seal

CS 5    Hood To Cowl Seal

RKB 2005-106      Basic Kit Monte Carlo

HA 5     Door Hood Trunk BMP

On 4/30/2021 at 6:18 PM, willie said:

Here you go Scott, this is what i ordered from Metro Moulded Parts

ALP 5002   Door Lock Pillar Seal

CS 5    Hood To Cowl Seal

RKB 2005-106      Basic Kit Monte Carlo

HA 5     Door Hood Trunk BMP

Thank you!!

On 4/29/2021 at 10:29 AM, Cooltech said:

Hey guys, just curious if any of you know any where I could buy a weather seal kit for my 71'?  OPGI has a Stage 1 and a Stage 2 but alot some of the parts arent in stock and looks like it would be in June July before they get it. I looked at The Parts Place and they sell one but I dont know what you get.

Cheers!!

I have this kit: Metro P/N RR5003 Roof Rail Seal for GM 69-72 2 door hardtop...

will that work for you? It is brand new and I took it out of the origina package to ship it to a guy and he changed his mind. My e mail is jcj7815@att.net if interested..............Cheers, Jim

• 1 month later...