2 1/2" mandrel bent stainless exhaust for SS

Grant MacPherson

Why stainless? Do you drive this car in any kind of winter weather? I put my exhaust on my car almost 15 years ago and it don't look much different than the day I put it on, it's not stainless. Stainless is a little more brittle and does not bend very easily. Just a thought.  I have heard good things about Gardner though.

4 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Why stainless? Do you drive this car in any kind of winter weather? I put my exhaust on my car almost 15 years ago and it don't look much different than the day I put it on, it's not stainless. Stainless is a little more brittle and does not bend very easily. Just a thought.  I have heard good things about Gardner though.

You forgot to mention the added expense of stainless 

Pypes Exhaust. All stainless, mandrel bent, choice of mufflers (or none) and you can go with or without the X.  I have 3" on my BBC Chevelle and 2 1/2" on my SBC Monte. Race Pro mufflers and no "x" on either. Love'em. Good fit, no drone, reasonable.

I have the pypes 2 1/2 with an X and I would recommend to not utilize the X pipe. Even on a hoist it was a hassle to install with hooker headers. Still has some drone at idle but not as bad as before. I had the street pros on for awhile but it was too quiet for me pretty much anywhere in the rpm band.