Heat blanket

It is actually a fire mat also. It is held in with plastic or real thin metal clips. If your engine was to start on fire the clips are designed to melt and drop the pad on the engine to smother the fire. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RazzNdazz said:

I put an electric choke on my carb and had to put a spacer under my air cleaner and now my blanket rides on the air cleaner cover. That’s why I’m thinking about taking the blanket out. 

Mine came with the same issue.... With the air cleaner cutting into the fabric. 

It was pretty ratty, and I replaced it when she was repainted. Turn out to be a good thing, gave me a chance to clean up the surface rust on the underside of the hood.

I just went with a shorter open air filter to clear the liner.

• Like 1

I used a product called "quiet ride solutions". It is a kit. It fits the monte hood is plastic and so far 

it does not deteriorate. It is easy to clean and looks good. I also have it on the trunk lid.

Jay and Jenny 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scott S. said:

Mine came with the same issue.... With the air cleaner cutting into the fabric. 

It was pretty ratty, and I replaced it when she was repainted. Turn out to be a good thing, gave me a chance to clean up the surface rust on the underside of the hood.

I just went with a shorter open air filter to clear the liner.

I got a couple different spacers and I’m thinking about trying a 2” filter instead of 3”.  It’ll at least give different combination options until I get it where I want it.