New LED tails on the market

Paul, a guy just put a posting about them on Facebook monte carlo 70-72 they do look pretty nice but yes a little pricey. Maybe after everything else on the car is done maybe I'll think about them. As we all know there never really done 🙄

I thought the Cool LED brand wasn't going to make them for our cars anymore. I had them and had difficulty installing both sides, one broke, I tossed them. It was like no matter how I worked it, they got crushed.

It looks like the new Easy Performance lights are brighter, I'm considering them.

I just ordered a set of these after waiting since 11/20 for the other brand to show up. Order went through and got an email 10 minutes later- Covid blah blah 6-8 weeks before shipping……

• Like 1

The shape is different… The ones I received were shaped more like the Monte housing… For almost twice the price it looks as if they cut some corners to accommodate a ford truck as well.. 

It was a simple install.. I cut the pigtail to about 4" and connected the bulb adapter. First one took a few minutes longer… second one took about 15 minutes… 

I really like mine. They are a great safety upgrade.

Given a choice, I'd still buy the ones from Ebay. 

Ed c 

23 hours ago, Paul Bell said:

I thought the Cool LED brand wasn't going to make them for our cars anymore. I had them and had difficulty installing both sides, one broke, I tossed them. It was like no matter how I worked it, they got crushed.

It looks like the new Easy Performance lights are brighter, I'm considering them.

Sorry you had issues Paul, very strange. I think Ron used the Cool LED recently if I read his post correctly. I installed mine June 2020, my buddy liked them so much he ordered a set for his 69 Camaro (he needed to update a flasher can IIRC).Ive included the original FGMCC post thread below.. His web site still says $114. Also think he was a one man shop, I was able to speak to him on the phone though.

As far as brightness, my main concern was daytime driving especially with the Fl sun, these definitely get you attention lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine showed up pretty quickly. Installed them today. Very easy install. If you want sequential lighting you have to run an extra wire to ignition power and there is a “mode button” on the back of the unit. You can not reach the button once you attach the circuit board to the housing. I took off the double sided tape provided and installed them with Velcro. Also the camera doesn’t do them any justice. Look brighter in person. Definitely better than stock!

• Like 1