10 years ago today I took my girl out on our first date in my Monte.  It was a nice fall day here.  Today was not, western ny got blasted with around 5 feet of snow over the last several hours and northren ny got around 4 feet. Let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers (for those that pray) that they stay safe. I know we have members in those areas. It looks to me like Joe T has avoided it some but I have not talked to him so I don't know for sure. Hopefully all our members especially but everyone stays safe in this time. From what I hear it is still snowing in these areas too so it's not done yet. Please stay safe everyone. 

• Like 6

Thanks Steve. My house only got about an inch or so yesterday, but...it's supposed to start up again  soon at 4 AM, until 11 PM tonight. That's going to be the big one for us.

Buffalo and the suburbs have been getting hammered and this second wave is supposed to hit hard again. Hopefully it doesn't move as far north of Buffalo as they project, but we'll find out soon.

• Like 1

And there's about 3 inches already and it's only been a couple of hours.  Coming down hard too. Gonna be a long day.

Just saw something that said 54 inches in Orchard Park, where the Bills game was supposed to be played on Sunday. Guess I really can't bi*ch, lol

This was just on the news...always one bonehead wearing shorts during a blizzard. Pushing out a stuck car.

20221119_075437.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Our local news said they are up to 66 inches now, they say there's help coming from all over the state but unfortunately most don't really know how to handle that much snow. Northren ny is getting blasted too but they are used to it up there just another day to them. Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 2

Apparently the governor is supposed to come here for whatever reason. Hopefully a snow plow will scoop her up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joe you are being much too nice!!!!    The guy in the shorts is going to the game tomm come hell or high water!!  LOL       Hope everything goes good for you guys up there. Please be safe to all!!!

I used to enjoy the snow, not anymore. Now it should only snow Christmas Eve and thats it!!

Thoughts and prayers for everyone up that end that has to deal with Mother nature this weekend!!! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, willie said:

Joe you are being much too nice!!!!    The guy in the shorts is going to the game tomm come hell or high water!!  LOL       Hope everything goes good for you guys up there. Please be safe to all!!!

It's a family oriented forum as Rob says 😁, otherwise I'd tell you how I really feel.

No doubt, that guy in shorts is a Bills fan!

Thanks, plowing snow as I write this. Can barely keep up with the truck, it's coming down hard.

3 minutes ago, jft69z said:

It's a family oriented forum as Rob says 😁, otherwise I'd tell you how I really feel.

No doubt, that guy in shorts is a Bills fan!

Thanks, plowing snow as I write this. Can barely keep up with the truck, it's coming down hard.

No pictures, it’s not happening. Lol. B safe. 

12 minutes ago, Dtret said:

No pictures, it’s not happening. Lol. B safe. 

I wish it wasn't happening 😖

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Our local news said they are up to 66 inches now,

77 inches at the football stadium, just on the news. It's still supposed to swing back down and get them again later.

We're scheduled for 12-18 inches here according to them now. Certainly looks to be right on track for that at this point.

7 hours ago, jft69z said:

77 inches at the football stadium, just on the news. It's still supposed to swing back down and get them again later.

We're scheduled for 12-18 inches here according to them now. Certainly looks to be right on track for that at this point.

Holy cow, That is a lot of snow !!!  I cannot imagine what that would be like. 

How long will that stick around  before melting ?

10 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Our local news said they are up to 66 inches now, they say there's help coming from all over the state but unfortunately most don't really know how to handle that much snow. Northren ny is getting blasted too but they are used to it up there just another day to them. Stay safe everyone. 

Unbelievable Steve, I would strongly encourage you to have a winter destination . 

You have a very nice home on wheels , right about now , I would have to put that to use .....

Grab your girl and run !!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

Unbelievable Steve, I would strongly encourage you to have a winter destination . 

You have a very nice home on wheels , right about now , I would have to put that to use .....

Grab your girl and run !!!

We were just talking about that today, unfortunately she is still working so time is limited but discussed a little later this winter and next year already. She is already committed to about another 4 to 5 years where she is so we'll have to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Boyte said:

Holy cow, That is a lot of snow !!!  I cannot imagine what that would be like. 

How long will that stick around  before melting ?

They're trucking it out on the main roads, no place to put it. Side streets aren't touched in some areas either, according to the news. Supposed to be in the 40's in a couple of days, but that may just present a flood problem for some areas. Hard to say, the next week will be real busy for those people.

We got around a foot at my house today, now the second wave just hit and it's a total whiteout right now. Real windy too, so it's going to just blow around and drift up even after I plow it out. It's supposed to pass thru pretty quick, so I'll get out there in a bit to move it. Easier when there's no traffic to watch out for.

• Like 4

Not much to show on my end. I plowed it up last night around midnight, sunny and clear today. Still real windy, no hot tub until that dies down.

Saw this yesterday. Also, fans and neighbors had been trying to dig Bills players out so they could get to the airport for the relocated game in Detroit.

Screenshot_20221119-192508_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jft69z said:

From the Bills stadium. No way the game was happening there today.

stadium.JPG

I get a kick out of all the tools that are saying the game should still be played there. There is no physical way to clear that stadium and make it safe for a game today. Let alone all the parking lots. And the people can’t get there anyway. But yet they still complain. Tools. 

• Like 1