2023 Syracuse Nationals - Mini Meet

Montemedic

11 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Sorry Joe I forgot the portable generator to run your electronics. My bad. 

I have a generator that stays on the back of my camper,  of course we'd have to roll it over there. Maybe put 4 wheels on it and tow it over 🤣

We strategically put our tents right next to a power distribution center on the fairgrounds. No need for a portable generator. 😉

• Like 5

We strategically put our tents right next to a power distribution center on the fairgrounds. No need for a portable generator. 😉

Joe, Dennis must think we are amateurs, should of taken a pic of you kicking your feet up next to the air conditioner with that adult beverage!!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, willie said:

Joe, Dennis must think we are amateurs, should of taken a pic of you kicking your feet up next to the air conditioner with that adult beverage!!

I heard the stories of you doing a little daytime napping also. Maybe Joe needs to get a his and his set. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Kook 1

Let me say i had another Great time at Syracuse this year.   So i would like to give CK a big Thank You!!! For doing all the work in putting this together. We didn't stop the whole time we were there.  It was great to see the Sopranos make the trip. I had a great time with my friends, and met new ones from as far as Canada. The only down side was the rain when returning home. Glad everyone got home safe and sound. Cant wait till the Eastern meet in Carlisle!!!

Thanks Again CK and everyone, that helped him put this together!!

• Like 6
  • Thank You! 1

No generator necessary. We tapped into a nearby transformer and had electric for charging cellphones and a great high velocity fan for our “Monte tent city”. 

• Like 6

Well another FGMCC Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet is in the books. I guess my praying to the “weather gods” worked. It was forecast to be overcast and rain every day thru the weekend. It did rain heavily on Thursday afternoon but cleared up nicely afterwards. We were blessed with great weather on Friday and a partly cloudy hot day in the 90’s on Saturday, without rain. It rained overnight into Sunday morning and was forecast for intermittent showers during the day. Everyone was heading home and we got thru 2 show days without rain. The ride home, we all got wet.
Lots of fun, antics, conversation, camaraderie, lots and lots walking the show, (It’s on just under 400 acres) with over 9000 vehicles in attendance to see, great food vendors of all types, various manufacturers and vendors, swap meet, car corral, numerous various demonstrations and displays, “The Designer’s Dozen”, “Nitro Row”, battery powered RC “No Prep Drag Racing”, live bands, Fireworks display each night, and so much more. We were all on automotive overload. It’s quite an experience to witness and be a part of. 
Each night we all go out to dinner. Thursday was Dinosaur BBQ, Friday- Pastabilities (fresh homemade pasta specialties), Saturday - Coppertop Tavern (all food is fresh and homemade). Saturday after dinner we went back to the hotel for door prizes, load up our Monte’s. We do enjoy our nightly ice cream, bench racing and each other’s company. 

We would love to have additional Club members join us and experience this awesome event. Read what your fellow Club members have to say about it. We also signed up 2 new members at this event. 
I would also like to thank everyone that attended and made the 2023 Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet another great success. I would like to also thank Rob and Bob for their support of this Mini Meet. Looking forward to the next year’s Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet and hopefully seeing you there. Thank you, CK

I am awaiting the hotel room pricing and hotel contract for the 2024 Syracuse Nationals. Once I have it, I will post it so you can book your hotel reservations. 

• Like 6
  • Thank You! 1

Thank you CK for putting this together certainly was a great time. Thank you all for your help getting my scooter out of car and back in. Sorry my car was such a mess but I really couldn't clean it at all. It's always a great time getting together with members and meeting new ones. Hopefully within the next few weeks I get this resolved and start making plans for next summer, in hindsight I probably should have sat this one out it really was to much. Next week we're going up to the Adirondack mountains where I'll just sit and relax by the lake for the week, Lisa will make sure I do lol. Thank you again!

• Like 5
  • Thank You! 1