2023 Syracuse Nationals - Mini Meet

Montemedic

52 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I thought about you all when I was up at 5 thinking about breakfast. Lol. 

I was downstairs waiting for Willie and Doug, to go eat. 😄

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jft69z said:

I was downstairs waiting for Willie and Doug, to go eat. 😄

Hope you had better table neighbors than the last morning in Carlisle 🙃

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DragCat said:

Hope you had better table neighbors than the last morning in Carlisle 🙃

We did. 😠

• Like 1

Just got back home.  Safe and sound.  I just want to take a bit of bandwidth to say how much of a good... make that great time my son and I had.  Never having attended any meet before this was an awesome experience.  We got to meet a number of members that I see posting on the forums all the time.  Truly, a great group.  I want to say thank you to C.K. for all his hard work organizing the meet.  Great Job!

For those that are in my shoes and have never attended a meet before I recommend you get out to one.  The camaraderie of the members, makes you feel right at home with many going out of their way to ensure you are included as part of this one big family.  I didn't get a chance to bring my car but that didn't matter, my son and I still took part in the group events (dinner, door prizes, etc.) and hung out with the gang in the "Monte Carlo Coral" at the meet.

I must say the FGMCC group seemed liked that biggest organized group of cars at the meet.  I look forward to attending more of these events.  I will finish by quoting Steve Lavoie's (cny first gen 71) quote he has in his messages...

There is no such thing as strangers, only friends we have yet to meet.

• Like 7
  • Thank You! 1

Well said John, and we're glad you were able to make it this weekend,  and had a great time!

Now, get that hotel reserved for Carlisle! 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Yes well said John, it's always a great time at the meets for sure. 

Thank you CK for doing this we really do appreciate everything to do, and you also Joe. Was great seeing everyone even though I was in agony all weekend, hopefully that will get better.  But overall, a good time for sure

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 2

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

Well said John, and we're glad you were able to make it this weekend,  and had a great time!

Now, get that hotel reserved for Carlisle! 

I got money on Joe posting from the Lazy Boy now 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I believe that you are probably correct. I’m really surprised he has not found a portable lazy boy for the car shows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, DragCat said:

At the time I posted that, yes, I was in the La-Z-Boy. Moved to the couch shortly after, just woke up a few minutes ago. Probably headed to the hot tub in a bit.....then back to the chair.

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

I believe that you are probably correct. I’m really surprised he has not found a portable lazy boy for the car shows. 

The search for the perfect chair to bring to shows has proven to be elusive so far. Either too uncomfortable, not enough support, not a high enough back to rest the head for sleeping, too big & heavy, etc. 

I did manage to sit in a few different ones this weekend, and managed to get a few good naps in, but nothing quite good enough that I'll be purchasing. 

Good idea though, perhaps I should check the La-Z-Boy site, just to cover all bases.

The search goes on....

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

To find a portable chair with the optimal cushion to butt ratio, with lumbar support, head rest, cup holder, folding table for your chips, recliner with foot rest, Bluetooth, vibrating massage, heat or cooling, sun shade, bug screening, reading lights and I’m sure I’m missing something, is difficult to find. But I’m sure you’ll find a few different models on Amazon and return the non-acceptable units. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Are you kidding? This is Joe we're talking about. If he can't find it, it doesn't exist !! Heck, he might even have a hot tub next to it ! Yup, It was really good to see all that were in attendance. I know that I did not get to say hello to all there, just too much going on at the show. Walking around with Steve and Mike was a really good time checking out the car's there. I'm definitely going to book a room for Friday thru Sunday just to hang out. I have never done that at this show, always worried about work. Well,not next year, I'll be done with that and on to new horizon's. Maybe start getting my to do list done. Who knows, It could be a new beginning for me. post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

• Like 7