Rear Bumper Additional Fasteners

Blackhawk

I'm fitting my rear bumper onto the car and noticed a few extra holes, at least one looks like it had a fastener in it at one point. The bumper hasn't been on the car for 35 years, and I didn't see these in the assembly manual. There's the holes behind the license plate, which I assume connects to the frame crossmember, and the holes on the bottom. What are they for?

DC5LNWJ.jpg

9feoWMT.jpg

The 2 holes/ bracket mount to the body/tub of the car. You will see when you go to mount the bumper to the car.

The 2 holes on the bottom of the bumper look like they are for an aftermarket trailer hitch possibly. 

The 2 holes behind the license plate, on the bumper are for rubber stoppers. The one on the right looks like it had a valve for rear air shocks. (someone added) not factory. 

• Like 1

If you are talking about the two small holes on the facing of the bumper with one of them looking like there had been a washer on it those two little holes are where the two little rubber bumpers go to keep the license plate doesn't slam against the bumper.

rob

• Like 1