New member - gas tank sending unit

67ss4speed

Hello, new here.

I'm looking at parts for a friend of mine. He has a 70 Monte, box stock 350, 2bbl car, clean 30K mile grandma's old car. We just finished replacing all of the rubber bushings on the suspension, front and back since things were drying up and deteriorating from age. I am looking at the gas tank sending unit since the gauge is not working and would like to try that first before dropping the dash. Ground wire is good.

I see they have a two line and a one line sending unit. What dictates the two line and one line, the year or the engine, engine options? I'm guessing a one line since its a low performance 2bbl car?

Steve

My 71 base model 350 2 barrel has the 2 line sending unit. I'd say look at it and see which one you have, you should be able to see it without dropping the tank. Caution ⚠️  you may need to bend the arm on the sending unit to get correct reading,  took me a while to figure out that's what is wrong with mine. Welcome to the site also. Tell your friend about us this is a great group of people here.

• Like 4