70SS ON Ebay

Of all the "high dollar" original/restored first gen Montes that have graced these pages, that is the one I would prefer above any/all the others! Unfortunately, I don't have a spare $73K laying around nor do I have a spouse who would understand ... 😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I agree with you on the spouse part sometimes I have a hard time explaining a new bottle of wax. I really had some splaining to do for the Sniper EFI

• Haha 1

I watched the video, it is an honest report, but asking a # 1 price for a #2 car is way to much. Why is it a #2 car? The clock, automatic level control and light monitor are broken. The bumpers and paint are not perfect. Correct me if I am wrong, but the chrome air cleaner and valve covers are not correct. I would be interested for around $50k as it is a nice car.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

“Sold” according to Volo’s site.  Didn’t seem like it was on the market long.  I spent an unhealthy amount of time staring at those pictures, that gold/gold setup put me in a trance 😵‍💫

-Bill

https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/vehicles/17928/1970-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss-454

• Like 2

hi, i have been to volo ,worth the drive on the way up to lake geneva , il. although they do have rare and unique cars there were some i thought that they were way overpriced . but with the market the way it is they are possible getting what they are asking for,roger

We will see it at Mecum's auction for $100,000 plus , come January next year. Just another example of paying more than what it should bring. I wonder if Chevelle's fall into the same trap. I'm glad I'm chasing after these high priced cars. I'm in the 28,000 - 35,000 range on a "nice" car I can drive and not feel that I have to put it on a turntable when I get home.