Looking for OEM Buckets seats for a 1971 Monte Carlo

I just purchased a 1971 Monte Carlo and I am looking for a set of bucket seats for the car. 

I am also looking for a center console, and a horseshoe shifter as well. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on your purchase of the 71 Monte.  We love pictures here so please share some with us.

Steven, we hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.

There is a lot of knowledge here within our membership to help so hit us with your questions.

rob

• Like 4

Any 70-72 GM a-body seats will work. ie Chevelle, Cutlass, gto, GS etc. The upholstery pattern is specific to each model.

As far as consoles only Chevelle and Monte Carlo are the same, only the Monte Carlo has the woodgrain in the center of the console plates where the Chevelle doesn't. No biggie there, the woodgrain is a sticker and is sold by the aftermarket. 

Idk what you are looking to spend but the bucket seats and the complete console is available now by the aftermarket new. Pricey but available. 

• Like 6

Steven keep in mind that you will have to weld a bracket on the hump for the console and brackets on the floor boards for the buckets. And also drill a hole for shift cable and if you get really particular, change the steering column ( or cone) to eliminate the column shifter and change the speedometer to eliminate the shift indicator. (I do think they make a plate to cover it but it’s not very good ). I know nothing is ever easy. Lol. Edit. You will also need a shift bracket for the transmission to accommodate the cable while still maintaining the lock rod for the column, which you will want to do. Another Edit. Don’t forget the shift cable 

• Like 6

Steven, I bet you would love to bring that beautiful Monte to our Eastern Meet in Carlisle PA next June.  We will have a large group of members and first gen Monte's to see.

rob

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Dtret for the heads up and the information. Very useful. I will keep this in mind once I get all the prices that I need. 

Edited by BronzeKing71