71 monte carlo directional indicator lights on dash

My directional lights on the outside of the car work front and back, but on the dashboard only the left indicator works. I'm pretty sure that it has to be the little light that twists into the circuit board. I can see it from underneath but I  can't reach it. Is there away to get at that without tearing the whole dash apart?

I removed the front seat and the cover plate at the bottom of the dash..... That way I didn't have to become a contortionist to reach up. 

It's easier to just lay on your back and have both hands free. 

33 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

This works too... As long as you don't have big hands. ;)

Way, way easier than removing the seat and lower plate EVEN with big hands the bulbs are right there. Easy to reach. 

• Like 2

Here is a picture of my 71, with the gauge package, when I took it out, NO A/C.

IMG_0321.JPG

6 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Remove the top of the dash with the Philips screws. You will be able to access the bulbs easily. 

This ⬆️, or put a piece of electrical tape over the left flasher and viola!  No more annoying single flasher signal.  I did the same with the flashing “12:00” on my VCR and microwave last time my power went out. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Glen said:

This ⬆️, or put a piece of electrical tape over the left flasher and viola!  No more annoying single flasher signal.  I did the same with the flashing “12:00” on my VCR and microwave last time my power went out. 

And that "check engine light" too ???? (modern cars only)

21 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Way, way easier than removing the seat and lower plate EVEN with big hands the bulbs are right there. Easy to reach. 

I was already down there replacing most of the old, screwed up wiring anyways..... Just thought I'd mention it should anyone wind up needing to be under there for any extended length of time.  :)

I removed the dash pad today and I finally have both directional indicators working!!! I had an extra 1967 Impala dash panel that I saved all the special bulbs.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Whons said:

I removed the dash pad today and I finally have both directional indicators working!!! I had an extra 1967 Impala dash panel that I saved all the special bulbs.

Boom! Mike drop! 

• Like 2