Let The Healing Begin

Glen

***** WARNING *****

The following comment may contain sarcasm and silliness. All or portions of content therein are likely to consist of fabrication, exaggeration, wise cracks, misinformation, misdirection, truth stretching, fairytales, occasional alcohol-induced ramblings, sleep-deprived musings, a macabre sense of humor and/or outright fiction. 

None of it is meant to be interpreted as malicious and anything construed as a personal attack is simply incorrect. Unless specified otherwise, please file any comment preceded by this disclaimer under “Ball Busting”. 

***** WARNING *****

///////:////////

At Joe’s suggestion, Dennis and I have begun Couples Therapy.  The very first session was a breakthrough success.  

HIPAA constraints prohibit me from disclosing particulars, but in order for me to better understand Dennis’s deep-rooted deficiencies while continuing strides towards recovery, I’m compelled to share that a culmination of banana-related hijinks at the hands of his FGMCC brethren has been identified as the main contributing factor. 

It seems Dennis is the victim of classic ‘CBS’ - Chronic Bullying Syndrome. 

I hope you’re all happy with what you’ve done to my buddy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I hope you two work things out. Maybe we'll have to have "safe spaces" at future meets. 

I hope you both also reflect on how this affects your female significant partners during the process. Ive never met Karen so I can't comment, but I think its safe to say Amy will always be welcome with open arms even if she drives Vicky 🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I hope you two work things out. Maybe we'll have to have "safe spaces" at future meets. 

I hope you both also reflect on how this affects your female significant partners during the process. Ive never met Karen so I can't comment, but I think its safe to say Amy will always be welcome with open arms even if she drives Vicky 🍺

Someone’s been watching Dr. Phil reruns. 

12 minutes ago, DragCat said:

, but I think its safe to say Amy will always be welcome with open arms even if she drives Vicky 

I told Amy we'd be more than happy if she comes back next year...and leaves Glen home. She liked that idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

First off that disclaimer reads like your life story. You may want to take a look in the mirror and plan corrective action. Just saying. But I digress. But after some therapeutic discussions we’ve come to the conclusion that one of us is a “ tool” and the other is just fine and very tolerant. I will leave that answer up for public debate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Kook 1

2 minutes ago, Dtret said:

First off that disclaimer reads like your life story. You may want to take a look in the mirror and plan corrective action. Just saying. But I digress. But after some therapeutic discussions we’ve come to the conclusion that one of us is a “ tool” and the other is just fine and very tolerant. I will leave that answer up for public debate. 

See???  This right here ⬆️. THIS is progress. This is Couples Therapy bearing fruit.  Only I believe the Doc said your “assessments” need to stay in the session and out of public forums.  It’s with great anticipation that I look forward to the remaining 29 sessions tentatively scheduled.  

And all this time I thought Joe was just the instigator in the periphery. The jerk throwing fuel on the fire. Turns out he DOES have a conscience and perhaps a portion of a heart, otherwise he wouldn’t have assumed the role of interventionist. 

The healing continues 🤗

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marks71 said:

Wow! This is some pretty serious stuff.  Should the club create another category just for these therapy sessions?

Mark i have to go back to school after this!!!   Way to deep for me!!  I don't know whether to by one or two shovels, (i know i have to get a lounge chair for Joe, and maybe some chips too) and then duck for cover because gravity still makes stuff roll Downhill!!!   lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marks71 said:

Wow! This is some pretty serious stuff.  Should the club create another category just for these therapy sessions?

Based on the car hoarding we do, the parts hoarding we do and all the money we spend on these cars I think we all need some type of therapy. But not the type as discussed above that’s reserved for the “ finest” ( if you know what I mean). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Mark i have to go back to school after this!!!   Way to deep for me!!  I don't know whether to by one or two shovels, (i know i have to get a lounge chair for Joe, and maybe some chips too) and then duck for cover because gravity still makes stuff roll Downhill!!!   lol

Willie stop teasing Joe. He has all but given up on his beloved chips. I do believe he still has his preferred chair though. O ya I think you should just buy stock in the shovel market, you’re going to need a lot of them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DragCat said:

The odds of Karen ever meeting any of the group are slim to none. There has to be one sane person in this house. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Based on the car hoarding we do, the parts hoarding we do and all the money we spend on these cars I think we all need some type of therapy. But not the type as discussed above that’s reserved for the “ finest” ( if you know what I mean). 

I see what ya did there…

• Like 3