1970 Original knit nylon seat covers

Hello everyone, fairly new to this site.  I have a 1970 Monte which is fathom blue, original seats are the knit nylon.  The sides, backs, front are the shinier dark blue vinyl and the areas against your body are the medium blue knit nylon.  I cannot seem to find these covers anywhere, all I can seem to find online are the Madrid/Elk vinyl covers from PUI.  I would really like to be able to find the correct covers rather than have an interior shop do custom covers.  Has anyone seen these online?

Thanks!

MonteInterior.jpg

MonteInterior2.jpg

MonteInterior3.jpg

MonteInterior4.png

Allen, try legendary interiors, CARS inc. the fabric is pricy but l feel it's worth it. 

I purchased my black cloth bucket seat covers, rear covers and foam from legendary.  Great quality. 

• Like 2

Check with SMS auto fabrics out of Utah. You can go to their site and look at samples and when you find a few close they will send you samples. The can sell you the material but they may also make or know of someone that can make the covers 

• Like 2

Hey Allen Welcome to the club!!!!!   Great bunch of guys here, and we all love to answer questions.  

I second what Tom has suggested!!!

Steve another blue one!!!!   LOL

• Like 2

I got my cloth seat covers from Legendary Auto Interiors. They take a long time to come since they typically make them after you order them but they are good quality. They matched my original seats perfectly. The web site doesn't show the 1970 Monte covers but give them a call.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Check with SMS auto fabrics out of Utah. You can go to their site and look at samples and when you find a few close they will send you samples. The can sell you the material but they may also make or know of someone that can make the covers 

They’re in Utah now? I thought they were In Oregon. They sent me samples for my 64 Buick Special Deluxe. Exact fabric, perfect. They have some upholstery related services also. Very pricey, but with the money I saved doing so much of the work myself, I’m going for it.

9 hours ago, Marks71 said:

They’re in Utah now? I thought they were In Oregon. They sent me samples for my 64 Buick Special Deluxe. Exact fabric, perfect. They have some upholstery related services also. Very pricey, but with the money I saved doing so much of the work myself, I’m going for it.

You are correct. Oregon. Sorry. My bad. 

1 hour ago, FrankOC said:

I called Legendary last week about a replacement 70 cloth seat cover, they are 43 weeks out!

Yeah, you definitely need to plan ahead with them but their quality is great. They don’t make them until after the order is placed. I waited 6 months for mine but that was 5 years ago.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies and advice.  I’ll contact some of those places and see what I can find.  Car had new paint shortly before I purchased it, but needs full interior.  Definitely excited to get this project completed. 

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_0882.jpeg

• Like 4

For just material SMS is the place.  They had identical cloth for my 59 cadillac 2 door hardtop. The white vinyl was sourced locally by my interior guy and was close enough for me.

Plan on replacing foam and possibly springs and other work also.

20231030_161611.jpg

20231030_161627.jpg

• Like 1