Anniversary

Searsman

4 hours ago, Glen said:

Congrats to you both!!  Indeed cut from the cloth of a different (and better) generation. 

👍🏻

14 hours ago, Dtret said:

You guys look great in both pictures. Don’t let anyone take that away from you. You mentioned age. Ironically in today’s world you would have gone to jail and had a criminal record for life. I miss a simpler more understanding time. 

Thanks and the marriage license were approved at that age. With the parents signatures.. was a simpler and less stressful time indeed. We just knew what we had to do to survive. Work. Back then there were no freebies. And we were better off for it . 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Thanks and the marriage license were approved at that age. With the parents signatures.. was a simpler and less stressful time indeed. We just knew what we had to do to survive. Work. Back then there were no freebies. And we were better off for it . 

Absolutely. I have zero issue with it. I think some decisions should be left to the people involved and keep the government out of it. When it comes to true love you’re going to figure out a way regardless. Funny thing, I was 16 and my gf was 14 and she wanted to get married. She got her parents approval and everything. But she forgot to get mine, I had to convince her and her parents that we were too young. 6 months later that was over. lol. 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Patsy and I will celebrate our 50th in October.

rob

That’s a big one to celebrate. Congratulations ahead of time. 
I went all out and took the Mrs to a nice restaurant we had never eaten at before… or since.. White Castle employees even sang happy anniversary to us !. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Searsman said:

That’s a big one to celebrate. Congratulations ahead of time. 
I went all out and took the Mrs to a nice restaurant we had never eaten at before… or since.. White Castle employees even sang happy anniversary to us !. 😂

Ron i know better but still i am laughing very hard at this!!!! lolol

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Hey big spender.  I always knew you have class.  Thanks for the early Anniversary wishes.

rob

• Like 1
  • You're Welcome 1

Congratulations to you both and Happy 53rd Anniversary!  The secret words for a long marriage are, "Yes, Dear!"  Nice that our wives tolerate both us and our Montes.  Wed in '68, I introduced my wife to a new '70 Monte Carlo right after I finished college.  I've had two others since and she has remained tolerant ... so far! 😄

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Leghome said:

Glendia finally relented and gave me the money for HER(lol) 72 in 2011

Funny how that works. I tell Karen it’s all about the future.  She’s ok with that. Hahaha 

• Like 2