Non-black interiors

I am a sucker for Sandalwood which both my Montes have. I grew up with white or black vinyl interiors but when I saw my 70 Monte the first time I really liked the Sandalwood. I always thought I wanted black but after owning my red 71 SS with black vinyl interior I didn’t like how hot it got in the sun. That’s one of the reasons I sold it to buy the 71 SS I have now. The Sandalwood is much cooler.

I have also owned a couple 72 Montes with Covert interior which is similar to Sandalwood except it has dark brown carpet and dash. More like a 2-tone interior.

As for colours like blue or green I think they look great when restored and looking new.

IMG_2333.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, John Burns said:

Now THAT is ambitious!  The trick would be to make the whole interior look like it was born that way!  Good luck!

@John Burns, exactly.  Quite that challenge.  And I dont think it will make the list of 'completed items' for this season given all of the other projects I've got going on with this car (see other threads).  But I probably wont be able to help myself, and at some point will strip the interior (carpet and seats) to try and get the front seats in.  The current bench seat is pretty beat up and uncomfortable, to the point of not wanting to drive the car sometimes.  Again, I will start a separate thread when the time comes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 420ponies said:

I knew I'd get some flak on green interiors. I do like green on green on green Monte's though !! Wes , one fine looking Monte! Always liked those wheels on them too!

Thanks very much I really like the green on green also it just screams early 70’s LOL. Here’s a pic I forgot to share in my new member post can’t have a green interior and exterior without green interior lights. When we got the MC home and put in the garage I was just checking stuff out and pulled on the headlight switch to check the lights and these came on there in the front and back.

Wes

IMG_0809.jpeg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Dtret said:

I think the green looks pretty nice. Nice looking car Wesley ( or Wes if you prefer). I think I mentioned this before but you’re just a ways down the road from me. 

Thanks yes I really like the green on green. I remember you saying that you didn’t live to far away from me.   Wes

7 hours ago, 420ponies said:

I knew I'd get some flak on green interiors. I do like green on green on green Monte's though !! Wes , one fine looking Monte! Always liked those wheels on them too!

That made me laugh 🤣 I didnt have any good interior pic's of mine to post......Doesn't matter some would have said I lifted the photos anyway 🤣

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, John Burns said:

Those green interiors- the steering wheels and consoles were also green?  How many different colors did they have? 

My 70 SS has the black steering wheel and the column is also green 

Steering.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Canuck said:

I always thought I wanted black but after owning my red 71 SS with black vinyl interior I didn’t like how hot it got in the sun.

Aaron, in south Fl in the summer on the showfield every color gets hot 🤣 especially if its a convertible 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DragCat said:

That made me laugh 🤣 I didnt have any good interior pic's of mine to post......Doesn't matter some would have said I lifted the photos anyway 🤣

That would never happen here. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Wd71MC said:

Thanks very much I really like the green on green also it just screams early 70’s LOL. Here’s a pic I forgot to share in my new member post can’t have a green interior and exterior without green interior lights. When we got the MC home and put in the garage I was just checking stuff out and pulled on the headlight switch to check the lights and these came on there in the front and back.

Wes

IMG_0809.jpeg

You can even get green lights for aftermarket gauges...... ;)

14 hours ago, Glen said:

Quit stalking!

Next thing, you’ll be driving past his house wearing a sock puppet on your shifting hand, a box of candy on the dashboard and a puppy in the passenger seat. 

With the ice cream truck jingle playing on the 8 track ???? lol

• Haha 3

On 3/20/2024 at 9:13 AM, John Burns said:

Nice!  Love that detail- what is the material on the seat and seat back?

Cloth on the pleated seat bottom and seat back areas and vinyl and plastic on the other areas.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 6:29 PM, Scott S. said:

You can even get green lights for aftermarket gauges...... ;)

I might have to check in doing that in the future.

Thanks Wes

3 hours ago, Wd71MC said:

I might have to check in doing that in the future.

Thanks Wes

Most gauge kits come with a couple different coloured rubber like boots to put on the light. I've even seen one manufacturer sell just the boots...... Think it was on Amazon.