Sad day in Syracuse area

2 police officers in our local area were shot and killed last evening.  One was a Syracuse police officer and the other was an Onondaga County deputy sheriff. The names have not been released yet but the suspect was also shot and killed. I have friends and relatives in both departments as far as I know so far it wasn't anyone I do know. Our hearts go out to the families of the two fallen officers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Terrible news indeed. I was texting with Glen at the time last night when the local news here mentioned it. At the time there were no details on their condition and we were hoping they would be OK. Damn...

• Sad 4

Unfortunately its on ongoing trend 😡 I'll stop before I go off on a rant 😠

Saved the tax payers $$$$$ on a trial and possibly just a slap on the wrist 😡 

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families ( the officers) BIH thug 

• Like 4

The one guy was a lieutenant deputy with sheriffs department  he has worked on SWAT and the bomb squad and warrents. Also an EMT for the local ambulance service and a 16 year veteran of the local fire department that serves my area. The other was a police officer for only 2 1/2 years with Syracuse pd. The lieutenant has left behind a wife and 3 young children.  Very sad.

• Sad 6

I heard nothing down here.  So sad this f#$% up world today.  Thoughts and Prayers to both Police Officers, their families and friends. 

The thug like Mark says BIH!!!!!!

• Like 4

Incidents like these become more prevalent when consequences no longer act as a deterrent.

There needs to be universal truth in sentencing, no time off for “good behavior” and disposition needs to be swift, not drawn out over years with multiple continuances.  You probably wouldn’t believe how lenient the criminal justice system is here in Chicago, Cook County.  I’ve seen people charged with MURDER released on EM.  And with the implementation of the “No Cash Bail” law this year, all but the most serious charges allow arrestees to be released from the station right after being charged and booked.  

As painful as it is to learn that two more LEO’s were killed in the line of duty, some consolation is to be had knowing that the offender was permanently removed from this planet in return.  He’ll never have the chance to do anything like this again.  

Traffic stops and Domestic Disturbances are the two deadliest types of calls/jobs for coppers. I’m not armchair QBing, just merely commenting… but bringing your ‘A’ Game is mandatory as there’s no such thing as a “routine” traffic stop. Our policies here are so restrictive when it comes to vehicle pursuits, motorists in “certain neighborhoods” have taken to just refusing to pull over as they know the likelihood of being chased is slim to none as supervisors routinely terminate pursuits for everything.  So I guess this in ONE way to minimize exposure to a stop going sideways.

RIP Officer Micheal Jensen and Lieutenant Michael Hoosock. EOW:  14 Apr 24. 

• Like 5
  • Thank You! 1
  • Sad 1