New stuff installed.

72MC

I know some of you have wanted to see this stuff installed so here it is.

First is the new BMR xtreme sway bar. UMI relo brackets installed a little while ago.

Second is a new stock type Goodmark gas tank with a Comp Eng sump kit welded in and plumbing. Total cast was $400. I thought that was pretty good versus some of the aftermarket sumped tanks.

Still looking to incorparate some of the Dick Miller racing ideas to the suspension. Specifically, links from the axle tubes near the diff housing to the the lower control arm sway bar holes that are now vacant. - Dave

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

Sweet looking!!! That sway bar is looking real heavy duty....how's the ride?

Steve

Steve, I thought that I might give up some cornering for straight line grit but it surprised me. My corner remained pretty close to the same but straight line acceleration is awesome. Before, I could sit and spin through first into my second gear shift. Now, spinning has been exchanged for a noticeable "digging feeling". There is no noticeable body roll. I also get a double "cherp" into second gear as the rear is planted and you can feel the dig of the rear wheels to the pavement.

Originally Posted By: 72yellowmc
Is it an illusion or does the sway bar like an inch off the ground ???

Robin, it's an illusion. Rear sway bar is 4"inches off the ground. My stock sway bar was even lower due to the relo brackets for the lower control arms.

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte
Nice work Dave, you have a great looking Monte there. That's a hecka sway bar you've got there. I really like the year and color of your car... grin...Dave

Thanks Dave, I have owned this car since 2001 and the white has grown on me. It is actually a pearl white with some pink flake in it and was done in 1992 for $2000. Like to revisit that pricing for a good paint job and body work. My new paint job will be pearl white with SS stripes that are GM sunset orange metallic.

Thanks for the compliments guys. - Dave

It's an illusion Robyn.. all I can say it' a beautiful rear end. lol

still gotta be 2-3 inches lower than stock, definitely no off-roading for Dave no Interesting attach points...Dave grin

Originally Posted By: Mo's70MCs
It's an illusion Robyn.. all I can say it' a beautiful rear end. lol

still gotta be 2-3 inches lower than stock, definitely no off-roading for Dave no Interesting attach points...Dave grin

Ahh, the rear end,... its the best part!! :-) Definitely no off road. Dave, the other attachment points are on the body cross member which eliminates the body roll. - Dave

That rear sway bar looks super strong...you could install one of those "Aircraft carrier hooks" in your garage this way you can pull into it at like 80 mph and stop before you hit the back wall... laugh

Looks good, just messing with you... wink

On your two sump lines do they Y into a a slightly larger single line?

Bill

Thanks guys.

That rear sway bar looks super strong...you could install one of those "Aircraft carrier hooks" in your garage this way you can pull into it at like 80 mph and stop before you hit the back wall... laugh

Looks good, just messing with you... wink

On your two sump lines do they Y into a a slightly larger single line?

Bill

Bill, the two lines are same as the 1 they go into. I just figured what the heck, I was being paranoid. If I try to make it to the end like a nascar race, I have two lines lines where the fuel can go into.

Actually, I talked to an ex - drag racer this weekend and he said it should be fine the way it is but is basically ready for a second fuel pump if I every get hardcore in to drag racing. I would need to add some check valves. Don't think I will ever have the money to be a big time drag racer. - Dave

Garrett, I would rather use a top fitting for a return line. My electric fuel pump is a Mallory Comp 110 which does not require a regulator but one can be used. Since mine is a stock tank and I am using the stock sender for the fuel gauge purpose, I would again use the stock return fitting rather than the second outlet in the sump. - Dave

Is the second fitting on the sump meant for a return line for regulators that use it? or would that return to the top of the tank?

Thanks,

Garrett.

I agree, do not use that fitting for a return line like Dave said...if you are going with much larger fuel lines you can install a fuel cell bulkhead fitting at the top front (facing the backseat) of the tank. I put one there and used the sending unit opening to put a socket set into it to fasten the nut on the inside. The reason I didn't use the top of the tank was that my return line was too big to allow a 90 degree fitting up there.

Bill

Dave-The black tank looks sweeet! Like was already said, you have already gone down the path of

Hard Core Drag Racing Freak

Time for another T&T at Sumerduck Dragway.

Carl