Day at the Track

Mike 57

Went to the local 1/8 mile today. Had some good runs but lost in the semifinal dialed 7.52 ran a 7.50 and broke out. Bummer, but it was a good race the other guy dialed a 7.58 and ran a 7.57.

Way to go Mike, great times. I can't wait to get back to the track but right now I am experiencing electrical gremlins. I think my ignition switch died. -Dave

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte
way to go Mike!!! Those are awesome low end times for a 4000 lbs car. grin

I doubt its 4000 lbs. wink

My 70SS, plus me, plus 1/2 tank of fuel, minus A/C is 3960lbs

Hmmm... looks like mine will end up being about 3500 lbs then...

And oh yeah, those are some really good times Mike. Good job! You gonna end up caging the car?

Hmmm... looks like mine will end up being about 3500 lbs then...

And oh yeah, those are some really good times Mike. Good job! You gonna end up caging the car?

Same here Mac.

cool

Well you were done with yours way before mine so if yours is the Rice Burner, then mines gonna be called the Honda Hater... lol

Honda Hater is fine. lol Or Rice Muncher lol

Mine ain't done yet, I'm just estimating somewhere around 3500 without me in it, will have to put it on a scale along with a chassis dyno...later on.

Way to go Mike!!! Running mid 11's with a stock steel hood, stock 8" rally rims, and basically a full weight Monte. If that's not a sleeper, I don't know what is (even though I'm sure the cars idle and exhaust note take away from the sleeper image somewhat). It's nice that you gave your local dragstrip a reminder of what our Montes are capable of.

Also, I would be willing to bet that you are VERY close to 4000 lbs. My 72 is very similar to yours (stock hood, rally rims, bench seat, big block) and it weighs in at 3960 with me in it and 3780 without me in it.

hijack

you should get along with the ricers real good Jared, since your cylinder heads were cast in China...

I know, I know, that was a low blow smirk

OUCH!! shockedkicking