put your turn signals somewhere else, use 70 or 71 fender

extensions and possibly change radiator core supports...maybe

more, not sure

From what I understand you can make it work. You would have to

put your turn signals somewhere else, use 70 or 71 fender

extensions and possibly change radiator core supports...maybe

more, not sure

all of the above

If you go with 71 front fender extentions you don't have to change radiator supports. You could go for a smooth look and still run the 72 bumper and locate the parking lights behind the 71 grille. Check out that new billet grille that was just released.

If you go with 70 fender extentions, you'll have to modify them to fit the 72 radiator support.

Or there is a company here in greenville that will billet your 72 grille. Check it out on ebay.

Hey you guys. I have a 1972 monte but I am not a big fan of the grill in 72. Does anyone know if a 70 or 71 grill will fit?

Thanks,

GIBBONS

I thought of doing the very same thing... Until I went cruising at a car show and people were pointing saying "look at that 72 Monte". I was proud for one, that they not only got the make right, but the year as well. I was also glad they werent pointing at the quarter panel lol

Then I thought of how many people would call it a 70 or a 71 if I made the conversion and how I would have to correct them everytime telling them its a 72.

Me personally, I love both the 70 and 71 fronts ends, but have learned to appreciate my car for what it is.... egg crate grille and all grin

I have thought about putting the 71 headlight extensions and grill on my 72 as well. I don't think that would be too tough of a task. Going from 71 to 72 grill/extensions would be tough though.

they are.. a 72 core support has extra holes in it for access to the turn signal bulbs.

But the fender extentions, 71-72 will bolt right up to a 71-72 support. My race car was originally a 72, and am cloning it to 71, and have 71 fender extentions.

Heck few ounces lighter with those holes. grin

Arsin,

People think my car is a 71 (the white 70) because I have a 71 hood spear. People will walk by at the big show in pigeon forge and I'll hear them say "theres a 71"

Originally Posted By: kc8oye
they are.. a 72 core support has extra holes in it for access to the turn signal bulbs.

But the fender extentions, 71-72 will bolt right up to a 71-72 support. My race car was originally a 72, and am cloning it to 71, and have 71 fender extentions.

Heck few ounces lighter with those holes. grin

is this going to make my car go faster???