need some help

Sam (Bones)

can anyone post some pictures of the hoodlatch/core support area of your '70?

I'm starting to assemble the front end of my 4 speed and I want to use all the correct fasteners in the correct places, especially the grill to core support bolts, and hood latch too

I tried looking at some pics I have and none show the bolts real good I know the latch bolts that go into the core support and that bolt the horn on are the weird 12 point style bolts the grille just has standard head style bolts but not sure what size. I will keep searching the web to see if I can find a good pic.

Hmmm...I have '71, and those bolts are 12 point. I think they're the only 12-point bolts on the whole car.

Hmmm...I have '71, and those bolts are 12 point. I think they're the only 12-point bolts on the whole car.

My 71 has the 12-point there too...

well there is a couple of twelve point bolts in the bag, but they my be leftovers from the '71. I knew they were used somewhere lol

so I'll go with six point for my horns since it's a '70, and they all have the washer

I have the bolt kit for the front end, there is two types of the 5/16" bolts, with washers and without. I'm trying to put all the correct bolts in the correct spots nutz

any pictures of the fender/core support area? grin