rare molding

downset71

anybody know how rare the headlight bezel brow molding is? its the horizontal piece of trim that screws to the bottom of the lite bucket, right above the bumper. also i think it is a 70 only option.....

My 70 has them. I think it was something that was changed part way through the 1970 production year (similar to the halo roof trim). They likely eliminated it as a cost saving measure.

they are also available aftermarket in Alum

they were and option that was discontinued mid-year 1970 approx

Where can we get these Sam? Didn't know they were being reproduced. Learn something new everyday. grin

Its getting kinda hard to find nice originals, but they are out there. I lucked up on an already rechromed set at the auto fair to go on my 70.

They were a 70 only item as stated above but someone stated they were an "Option". they were not an option, they were standard equipment. As Aaron stated, they were discontinued as a cost cutting item so that is why some had them and others didn't. Mine has them and it was a late production car but earlier production cars from other plants than Baltimore may not have had them installed because they ran out of stock before the Baltimore plant did.

rob