Show us your gauges.

Blue502

Post any pics you guys have of your gauges.It's crazy but my car came with no aftermarket gauges and the stock ones don't work.I will get the stock gauges working but they are awfull small.Can anyone tell me what the stock tach wire looks like and where would I hook it up on a Ram Jet 502 with a DFI?Does anyone make a senser for the stock water temp gauge?I really want to keep the stock look but I will need a boost and AFR gauge.I know they make a dash panel for aftermarket gauges but I really didn't want to go that far,even though I may have to.My clock dosen't work.I may send it out or put in one of those combo all in one gauges.Are there any pillar pods that fit a MC?

Thanks

I went with an Apillar pod setup on mine, I didnt want gauges hanging down by my knees, and thought the stock ones were small also. 26213280147_large.jpg

Probably not what exactly you were looking for, but I like the setup, it doesnt take away from the basically stock look too much, very easy to see, and not in your way at all

Here is my little setup 023.jpg the gauges are 2 5/16" auto meter phantoms which light up green to keep the 70 color for the dash. The tach is also an auto meter phantom series size wise it's 3 3/8" which also lights up green. Here is another picture 022-1.jpg. as far as the stock tach it gets it power from the neg. side of a coil if you have a round style coil, if you have something like a HEI there is a tach slot for the tach wire to plug into. as for the stock water gauge sensor you should be able to pick one up at any local auto parts store if not there is aftermarket store that carry them. For the clock I would just get a quartz replacement clock to put in.

I have an autometer z series tach mounted in an a-pillar pod. Oil and water are mounted neatly under the dash but in plain view. Autometer shift light is mounted at the top oh a-pillar. I use the tach when making carb and timing adjustments. Never look at it going down the track, just wait for the shift light to come on. I think I have an old pic with with the gauge set up I'll find it and post up.

72montepics1005.jpg

Sorry I dont have a pic of the shift light but it is high up right at eye level and the activation box is mounted under the dash where it is easy to get to the rpm pill.

David

Here is my set up, I like my gauges subtle and minimal dash butchering. This only needs two small holes under the dash for two screws. Tach is a 2 5/8" Autometer piece, gauges are 2" Sunpro mechanical oil pressure and temp.

DSCN3319.JPG

• 1 month later...
Thanks guys.Which A pillar holder are you using?Is it universal or made for a specific model?It would be nice to have something for the console like early Camaros.

I always thought that would look good also. When scouring swap meets those consoles are much wider than ours and have more room in front of shifter than our cars. Rough to make it work.

I seen a early sixties buick(?) that had gauge pods angled in dash to the right of the sweeping style speedo for each gauge that we could likely use in some way. Lot of work though.

There was a Monte for sale on eBay recently with a 60's Pontiac Knee Knocker Manifold Vacuum gauge (that could be used for any gauge I would guess) mounted in the front of console that looked kinda cool. But they are pricey to get!

You'll likely solve this before I will have to. I will watch your progress.

Dan

Thanks guys.Which A pillar holder are you using?Is it universal or made for a specific model?It would be nice to have something for the console like early Camaros.

I always thought that would look good also. When scouring swap meets I noticed those consoles are much wider than ours and have more room in front of shifter than our cars. Rough to make it work.

I saw a early sixties buick(?) that had gauge pods for each gauge angled in dash next to speedo sweep that we could likely use in some way. Lot of work though.

There was a Monte for sale on eBay recently with a 60's Pontiac Knee Knocker Manifold Vacuum gauge (that could be used for any gauge I would guess) mounted in the front of console that looked kinda cool. But they are pricey to get!

If you are looking for a stock look this guy makes some nice ones in a variety of sizes. Custom Gauge Housings

Until then I have one of these (in a 3 gauge panel) Stewart Warner NOS that I will put the matching burlwood from dash to give it a stock look.

Dan

This is my custom dash insert I made last winter. No I didn't destroy a good dash...it had already been cut. There isn't much left of the dash underneath the insert.

DSC00497.jpg

It was kinda funny when Scott showed up at the e/m with vice grips clamped to the steering shaft because the steering wheel wasnt on yet rofl

This is my custom dash insert I made last winter. No I didn't destroy a good dash...it had already been cut. There isn't much left of the dash underneath the insert.

DSC00497.jpg

im going to end up with something along these lines in mine. pulled the dash yesterday and not much good to say about it.all gauge mount tabs broken off,printed circuit for gauges falls apart at the touch, someone peeled the burl wood off, and radio knob holes busted out. so im messing around with the idea of fiber glassing in my own gauge set up.

Mine is a piece of aluminum sheet and after hours of cutting, grinding and filing I had it powder coated. That was the cheap part. Then came the gauges, angled bezels, and a radio upgrade. But in the end it was all worth it. I'll get the pictures into an album on photobucket and post the link.

I went with the smaller trio and mounted them up in the CHEVROLET name plate area that is not being used at all and doesnt require drilling to the underside of the dash, good thing I dont have AC though or else they would have to go under the dash...

Darren.

1970044-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Blue502

I always thought that would look good also. When scouring swap meets I noticed those consoles are much wider than ours and have more room in front of shifter than our cars. Rough to make it work.

I saw a early sixties buick(?) that had gauge pods for each gauge angled in dash next to speedo sweep that we could likely use in some way. Lot of work though.

If you are looking for a stock look this guy makes some nice ones in a variety of sizes. Custom Gauge Housings

Until then I have one of these (in a 3 gauge panel) Stewart Warner NOS that I will put the matching burlwood from dash to give it a stock look.

Dan

Looks nice.