Purple Monte

beater72

Just curious as I haven't seen any, but, has anybody painted a first gen Monte purple? I'm still undecided on what color to go with. A plum crazy Monte might compliment my Grabber Yellow Maverick Grabber. If so, can someone direct me to a pic of it?

thanks!

Kris

I've seen a purple monte on here before but it has been a while, can't remember who it was. In the meantime here's one I found with a few clicks on-line.

38240900007_large.jpg

I thought about doing mine purple. like the purple on the 07 Monte I think it was but I ended up with the blue and havent looked back. Not 1 person has said they didnt like the color.

I don't like the colour.....there I said it... bleh

Not that I mean it, but I said it.... kickingrofllolgrin

I know SMART [censored]

In all seriousness it is a great colour and Blue is one of my favourites to be honest. Still when I saw this one in the Ad I was interested and it was the first MC I saw for sale. I was going to see a El Camino, and when I saw this and the condition and colour, well nuff said.

I think a Plum Crazy Purple Monte would look good if DONE right and not with those hugh rims. Never did see the appeal to them myself? Handle like a lumber wagon and rough ride besides if you ever had a flat well good luck!!

Scott

I have seen a purple Monte in a junk yard many years ago... Matter of fact I have the door hinges off of it in my garage as a spare set. smile

I agree that if done right (and in my opinion I think the 22 or 24" rims are WAY over the top,but to each his own). I think a black vinyl roof (as I'm going to need a miracle to make my roof look good as it is in BAD shape.). Otherwise a 'stock' ish looking Monte is all I will do. Possibly black Chevelle stripes?

The vinyl top can be removed, mine never had it and I left it that way. Another idea is to 2 tone it painted to look like a vinyl roof like Robs that I like better than the vinyl top. And I aggree about the big wheels they just dont look natural. 16 or maybe 17 is about the biggest I would even think about. But on mine 15 is all I will ever do. Just my opnion.