402 air filtrer assembly inlet size

DRDIRT11

I know ive read it on here before and lookd for it but i cant find it. Was wondering what size inlet for a 350, 402, and 454 so I can identify mine on my 402. Back in the day (89) i had several parts cars and i think i put a 350 air filter assembly on my 402 because it was better condition. thank you!

Aaron,

Cool picture. I didn't realize the 400 was different than the 454.

Bruce

Thanks for sharing that photo, Aaron. It confirms my understanding, also. My SS454 car came with a 454 wearing a 402 aircleaner (see photo below) and my 402 car came with a modified engine wearing a chrome aftermarket air cleaner.

P7300729.jpg

My intention is to keep the SS car very close to original in appearance (except the tires) so I am in the market for a true 454 aircleaner. Since I don't ever plan to put a stock aircleaner back on the 402, I would be happy to trade someone my 402 body (lids should interchange) for a 454 body. The only problem is that I couldn't work a trade until I get the SS car out of storage in late April.

Otherwise, I will continue looking for a 454 air cleaner body or assembly to acquire outright. Sounds like there might be some available.

I think this should be in the tech section. I looked there when tryin to find this info. Im going to copy this and put in my paper file I have at work. "monte stuff" call me old fashion.

My only disclaimer is that I don't know for a fact the 402 air cleaner in Aaron's picture is really from a 402 (my original picture). I think it actually came from a 74 or 75 454. If someone has a real 402 and can confirm the snout looks like that, I would feel better. The big snout is from my 71 SS, and the round one is from a small block.