just picked up a set of wheels for my monte

Austin

so i just grabbed a set of mint 70 Z28 wheels, beauty rings and caps off CL for $130! i thought it was a good deal but i was wondering has anyone put these on their monte carlo and if so did it look good or bad, and i'd like to hear opinions too.

http://www.classicindustries.com/images/productimg/3/3989479.jpg

http://www.nastyz28.com/faq/wheel/70z-whl.jpg

these are what they look like ill post pics of mine tomarrow

Great choice. I have always liked those rims. Liked them so much I have them on my El Camino. Again, Great choice. - Dave

thanks guys yeah ive wanted these wheels ever since I bought the car, at first i was gonna got with the 17/18" combo from yearone.. but im not a huge fan of bigger rims on cars(no offense to anyone)but yeah im going to look at and decide what tires to buy tommorrow and then gonna have em mounted and balanced friday and put em on saturday hopfully...ohios [you said a naughty!] whether pry wont allow me haha

Austin are you going to have all four installed the same. Valve stem matching the tires in the same place on all four? Like between the OO's on Goodyear or Goodrich? A nice touch but it can seem anal to the installer. LOL LOL

Austin are you going to have all four installed the same. Valve stem matching the tires in the same place on all four? Like between the OO's on Goodyear or Goodrich? A nice touch but it can seem anal to the installer. LOL LOL

The new tires will have a paint dab on them denoting where the valve stem should go so they balance up with the least amount of weight.

Originally Posted By: LEGHOME

The new tires will have a paint dab on them denoting where the valve stem should go so they balance up with the least amount of weight.

Is there a special spot for that? I have a set of rallys that I need tires for and the less balancing needed the better.

The paint dab goes right by the valve stem. Think of it like this if the valve stem is at 12 o'clock then the paint dab should also be there.

I love those wheels! Best design ever. Now I want a 71 Camaro!

• 2 weeks later...