with or without?

Austin

okay I bought my monte carlo and when I got it all the side trim was removed and everyday i debate whether to put it back on or not

any opinions or pictures on this? i kina like it either way but whenever i ask my family or friends all they do is tell me to sell the car..I like my monte carlo

any pics,opinions or advice would help

if i decide to go w/o the trim this is what im gonna do

5Nb5K65J53L23J13H3c4odf8a953b8fd01208.jp

Hey Austin, welcome to the club! I'd like to see some more pics! It appears the the side marker lites have been filled in already so your looking at a bunch of work. I'd removed the wheelwell trim since it doesn't really fit properly as the side trim is gone...........

Murphy I would have to disagree about removing the wheel well trim. There are cars that did not come with side trim like the Chevelles and they have the wheel well trim to me it dresses up that area on the car. As for the side trim I would leave it off as your talking about drill holes in the body and the trim will let water get behind it and rust the body and you wont even know it, plus you would have to cut in side marker lights the front and rear trim is already notched for the lights.

i kina like it either way but whenever i ask my family or friends all they do is tell me to sell the car.

Nice supporting people there... crazy

Originally Posted By: Austin
if i decide to go w/o the trim this is what im gonna do

I agree the car in that photo looks good without all the trim and just the wheel well molding. What ever you decide on doing do what you want to do not what you think most people like...well now if you plan on selling it some day then you might not want to remove the side running lights as "most" people like them and it would hurt resale in that aspect.

Hey Austin, welcome to the club! I'd like to see some more pics! It appears the the side marker lites have been filled in already so your looking at a bunch of work. I'd removed the wheelwell trim since it doesn't really fit properly as the side trim is gone...........

I only mentioned removing the existing ww trim was due to the fact that it currently does not fill the wheelwell properly since the other trim pieces are not mounted.......

whenever i ask my family or friends all they do is tell me to sell the car..I like my monte carlo

What the heck! Why would anyone want you to sell a classic muscle car that you *just* got?!

Welcome to the madness - you'll find a lot of good people here with plenty of info.

As for my 2 cents, I'm getting rid of the lower trim and wheel well trim, and cutting in rectangular side marker lights that were designed to be flush-mounted. The factory ones were a goofy shape that just got covered by the lower trim.

BUT

It's your car - you build it however you want. smile

All on or all off would be my vote.

The Wheel trim alone does not look good because it does not cover the whole wheel opening... But that's just my opinion...

Also, be aware that some states require side markers!

Take it off!!!!! take it all off!!!!!!!!! Oh we were talking about the trim on the car. Oppppsssss!!!!

Mr Agitator.. quit agitating things... kicking

Like to looks w/o the side trim, but I'd leave the W/O moldings one. Just enough to set it off. They are right about the Chevelle having only the W/O moldings and no side chrome. I think it looks fine just the way it is. JMHO!

yeah my family keeps telling me to sell the car and buy a car that you can find used parts aroun here for easier ie chevelle, camaro ect. and all my friends tell me to buy an ls1 car but hey ive had a 4th gen camaro and they suck a**ss honestly.. its too hard to work on..it takes 9 hours to just hange the plugs... forget that it takes 15 minutes on the monte. but yeah i got the car with no side trim and I think im gonna leave it off and maybe put it around the wheel wells like the chevelles had

I think it looks good the way it is and I like the side trim on our cars. But first and formost its your car do what you want to it. Do what you like. If someone else dont like it then oh well thats there opnion, do what you like. Oh yea welcome if I havent said it already, if I did i'll blame it on the beer tonight kicking

• 2 weeks later...

i say leave it all off..it looks good like it is. i removes all my trim also..filled all the holes..and im currently installing new side marker lights off a 72 nova..made to mount flush and still have a little chrome trime on em...i think leaving the wheel well trim on looks funny because it dosent come all the way down to the bottom of the car like the chevelle trim does but thats jus my opinion.. i too want the chrome trim on the wheel wells...but for now i will leave it off till I come up with some trim that goes all the way down...but its your car do with it what you like..but by any means..DONT SELL IT AND GET A CHEVELLE!!!!have fun and show pics..welcome to the club!!!

Because it's already done and looks good...just leave it. I vote to leave the wheel well trim on the car too...it looks good. More than likely if you take the wheel well trim off your going to have rub marks under them which will need to get re-painted.

My 2 cents,

Steve